PDA

View Full Version : Animus expiration upon warbeast's death

Pseudog
06-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Okay, so, when a warlock/warcaster dies, all it's spell effects immediatly expire.

However, when a warbeast dies, does it work the same way?

I mean, last game I played I faced a situation where Wold Guardian had Flesh of Clay upon controlling warlock (who had cast it as a spell on herself). However, Guardian was destroyed earlier in the round, when shots started pouring in at the warlock. Would the animus still be in effect, or would it have gone away with the beast?

Luckily, it didn't effect the outcome at all even after we re-rolled the dice, deciding it was on until it expired on warlock's next maintenance phase. With two dice the damage that got in were 4 and 3 points, with one dice they were 3 and 4 points, as a curiosity :P

jandrese
06-09-2011, 08:30 AM
It would last for the duration specified on the card. If the Animus were an upkeep (none currently exist), then it would go away as soon as the beast died, but otherwise it lasts for exactly as long as it says it does on the card.

vintersbastard
06-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Okay, so, when a warlock/warcaster dies, all it's spell effects immediatly expire.

This is not correct. Only upkeep spells expire immediatly, while spells with a stated duration remain in play.

Pseudog
06-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Okay, well, two birds with one stone ^^

Thanks!