PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Hunter and Arcing spells

Murkhadh
06-09-2011, 09:42 AM
I thought I had gotten clarification on this before, but then I read this and am wondering if anything has changed.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?64100-Repercussions-of-Eyeless-sight-change-in-newest-errata&highlight=node+stealth

In that thread, Macallan answers the question of

"can a channeled spell through it now also ignore stealth and concealment?"

With the answer of
"Correction to the above.
If the arc node has Eyeless Sight, it ignore Stealth while determining LOS."

Does that mean if Kaelyssa put Phantom seeker on her arcnode, that spells she arced through it would ignore cover, concealment and LOS?

RedWynd
06-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Phantom Hunter only applies when the model in question is resolving particular attacks. It would not be active for purposes of channeling.

Murkhadh
06-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Guess I'm having trouble distinguishing how it differs from eyeless site in this regard.

Mod_Redphantasm
06-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Guess I'm having trouble distinguishing how it differs from eyeless site in this regard.

LOS would be determined from the Arc node. And models with stealth do not block LOS to models behind them if the source is greater then 5" away.

Under the old wording of eyeless sight, the node could draw LOS past these stealthed models. It did not ignore their stealth because it was not making an attack. Under the new wording of eyeless sight (post errata) models with eyeless sight always ignore stealth, so the arc node would not be able to draw LOS to models behind models with stealth. To it, those models do not have stealth.

None of this applies to Kaelyssa putting Phantom Hunter on an arc node, because Phantom Hunter only applies when the affected model is "making charges, slams, and attacks" or "resolving attacks".

Murkhadh
06-09-2011, 10:15 AM
K that makes sense now, thank you.