PDA

View Full Version : Epic warcasters any points

Gedaning
01-14-2010, 07:25 PM
I heard from a lot of people that you can play epic warcasters in any point value in MKII (barring special exceptions like a lot of escalation tournaments). But I can't find were it explicitly says this. It seems to sorta say something to this effect on page 83 by saying epic warcasters are not more powerful then regular warcasters however, It does not really say it in concrete terms that you can play epic warcasters in any size army.

So am I just missing were it says it more explicitly, is there some other document that makes it more clear, or can you not use epic warcasters in any size army(I would be suppressed because I'm using a 35point list with eSorscha for the Ubercompeditive eSorscha form).

MadBodger
01-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Perhaps you've just been looking the wrong way. It just never says you must play "x" value game to take epic warcasters/warlocks anymore.

Dino-Czar
01-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Page 83 is the totality of the special rules regarding epic casters, and you're right there isn't anything at all about them being played only at certain levels. There isn't any language that specifies at what point level you can play epic casters anywhere in the book in fact. You treat epics like you would any other model unless your format specifies otherwise.

Gedaning
01-14-2010, 08:15 PM
ya I understand what you are saying, I just wish the rule was stated instead of implied. Because it would be different if this was the first edition but since people are so used to the limitations on using epics some are going to think its the same with MKII.

Weaselcreature
01-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Well, there is a big section in the rules on how an Epic 'Caster isn't a more powerful version of a caster, but rather a caster who has changed over the course of the story arc. True, it's now black and white rule, but it is a really strong implication.

greenlock
01-14-2010, 11:27 PM
ya I understand what you are saying, I just wish the rule was stated instead of implied. Because it would be different if this was the first edition but since people are so used to the limitations on using epics some are going to think its the same with MKII.

I think you'll just have to tell people that if they think there is a limitation on when to play certain warcasters they need to find the rule that says there is a limitation. Otherwise normal rules when selecting your army applies.