PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Strike on the Charge

loki12
06-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Hey Folks,

I am sorry if this has been asked but I have searched for it and not found it.

I know how it works with a model with x2 melee attacks as well as Thresher and Backswing, but what about Rapid Strike?

Do you get the extra dice for the charge on both the attacks seeing as though it is all one combat action?

Thank you in advance

Mod_Redphantasm
06-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Hey Folks,

I am sorry if this has been asked but I have searched for it and not found it.

I know how it works with a model with x2 melee attacks as well as Thresher and Backswing, but what about Rapid Strike?

Do you get the extra dice for the charge on both the attacks seeing as though it is all one combat action?

Thank you in advance

The boosted damage dice for a charge only applies to your first attack made at your charge target.

loki12
06-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Thank you! I am wondering though why are there so many different ways of wording two attacks? Why not just give Nicia or Skaldi two attacks instead of this ability if it does not help them in this way?

Thanks again

Starweaver
06-16-2011, 08:38 AM
In order to get two attacks without an ability doing it the model would have to have two weapons. That in turn may influence certain spells/abilities (though i can't think of any) in different ways then one weapon making multiple attacks.

Mod_Redphantasm
06-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Thank you! I am wondering though why are there so many different ways of wording two attacks? Why not just give Nicia or Skaldi two attacks instead of this ability if it does not help them in this way?

Thanks again

There are several abilities that give 2 attacks (or more), but each has different functionality.

Rapid Strike is identical in functionality to having two weapons. The reason Rapid Strike exists is that some models (for aesthetic reasons) have only one weapon, but should have two attacks.

Other ways of gaining multiple attacks (such as thresher, backswing, etc) have their own limitations, most notably that they are *Attacks.