PDA

View Full Version : Witch Coven - Perfect Conjunction

Corpazious
01-15-2010, 11:00 AM
I did a search on the new Forum, and didn't find it. I didn't go back into the old Forum though, as the ruling has possibly changed.

The last ruling I remember from the PDFs about the Witch Coven's Perfect Conjuction was that they could all be in B2B with the Egregore (hence gaining Stealth) AND be in Perfect Conjunction.

Am I remembering this accuratly, and, for those who have the Faction Deck already, has the wording changed from the PDF?

Perfect Conjunction - A Perfect Conjunction is established anytime the Egregore is completely within the triangular area between all three Witches and each Witch has LOS to each other Witch. During a PC... etc.

The LOS part is satisfied due to the new Volume rules.
The issue lies as to what the definition of "triangular area between all three Witches" means. Inner triangle area or outer triangle area?

DarkLegacy
01-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Any triangular area.

Verdigris Zombie
02-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi,

Can we please get an infernal to confirm this, as it seems to contradict the rulebook's definition of "completely within".

Thanks,

VZ

DarkLegacy
02-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi,

Can we please get an infernal to confirm this, as it seems to contradict the rulebook's definition of "completely within".

Thanks,

VZ

Can you please list the contradiction? All I see is that it must be between a triangle created by some line by the Witch's bases and LOS.

Weaselcreature
02-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Yup, if you wrapped a rubberband around the witches bases, the Egregore would be completely within that triangle, thus satisfying that part.

Loveless
02-09-2010, 09:30 AM
http://old.privateerpressforums.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=187736&view=findpost&p=2800279

That should provide the clarification that Verdigris Zombie was looking for.

Hjelmen0
02-09-2010, 09:31 AM
This post (http://old.privateerpressforums.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=187736&view=findpost&p=2800279) from Macallan also states that the area is indeed the outer triangle defined by the witches bases.

(link to old forums, but still a Mk2 question)

EDIT: hahaha, nice one Loveless :D

DarkLegacy
02-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Thank you Loveless. I didn't look on the old forums about it.

Verdigris Zombie
02-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Hi,

Fantastic, thanks!

VZ

Tionas
02-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I have to say this everytime i see it: model Volume has nothing to do with Line of Sight unless terrain is in the way.

thanks, have a nice day.

Techcasualty
02-09-2010, 12:59 PM
The LOS part is satisfied due to the new Volume rules.

what are you talking about? Volume has nothing to do with it...

DarkLegacy
02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
We've already come full circle on this. Don't nitpick the OP apart. The new LOS rules allow the triangle to be formed.

Tionas
02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm not trying to nitpick, and I do apologize about it coming across that way. I've seen alot of contention about the volume come up, and it grates on my nerves. It is true that the Coven can form a perfect conjunction in base to base.

Carry on with my apology.

Techcasualty
02-09-2010, 02:22 PM
just like tion, I don't mean to nitpick. And I agree, you can get the perfect conjunction. I'm just curious what the OP was talking about with the volume to ether A. Help myself with another issue in the future or B. Help clear up something the OP doesn't have right.