PDA

View Full Version : Impact Attack vs Repel

Tekanan
06-19-2011, 04:19 AM
I have a Cavalry solo charging an enemy model, but makes an impact attack on a Revenger along the way. Due to Repel, I am pushed directly away from the Revenger.

Can I continue my charge towards my original target?

wargrim
06-19-2011, 05:21 AM
From the May-Errata:

"The charging model stops if it contacts a model, an obstacle, or an
obstruction or if it is pushed, slammed, or thrown"

vintersbastard
06-19-2011, 05:22 AM
From the May Errata:

The charging model stops if it contacts a model, an obstacle, or an obstruction or if it is pushed, slammed, or thrown.
Answer is no.

vintersbastard
06-19-2011, 05:25 AM
Edit: double post. A first for me.

Tekanan
06-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Edit: double post. A first for me.

Welcome to the club!

MFWalter
06-19-2011, 08:52 AM
From the May-Errata:

"The charging model stops if it contacts a model, an obstacle, or an
obstruction or if it is pushed, slammed, or thrown"

I'm not sure it is that simple. Fro mthe Cavalry Charge rules the model would stop when it contacts the Revenger, make his impact hits, and after the impact hits are resolved it would resume the charge movement. I believe the pushed effect on Repel is part of the "resolve the impact attacks" part of the rule and therefore would happen while he is stopped, not charging, and allow him to resume charging afterwards.

Although if you did not plan properly for the repel it may mean that you fail to reach melee with your charge target since I do not believe you will get to pivot again.

DarkKoala
06-20-2011, 10:24 AM
That particular part of the errata that has been quoted was added as a direct result of people asking about the impact attack / charge / repel interaction. It clearly indicates your charge stops.

MFWalter
06-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Are you sure about that DarkKoala? I would think if the target of the errata was impact hits (which I only know of coming from Cav) they would have placed it in the Cav charge rules.

Please correct where my logic/order is inaccurate:

1. Model declares charge
2. Model pivots then moves in a straight line up to Spd +3"
3. Model contacts another model and charge rules say to stop.
4. Cavalry rules comes into play and impact hits are made against all models in mounts melee range.
5. After attack... Ahhh. (12b pg. 245 Resolve active player effects that do not involve making an attack.) Charging model resumes it's charge movement.
6. After attack (12c pg. 245 Resolve inactive player effects.) Charging model is pushed by Repel
7. Charging models can no longer move due to repel and checks melee range.

Hmmm, I think I found the error in my logic while I was writing that, but if not please correct me.