PDA

View Full Version : Free Strike on a model charging past.

EdwadQ
06-19-2011, 08:41 AM
If a model is charging past one of my warjacks and the path brings them within my models melee range. Does my warjack get a Free Strike when the model charging exits my los/melee range?

Question on charging. Does the charge have to completed into the targets melee range or can just into reach range :Reach: work also.. I looked into rule charging, it goes make and forth on the issue.

DocMerc
06-19-2011, 09:29 AM
If a model is charging past one of my warjacks and the path brings them within my models melee range. Does my warjack get a Free Strike when the model charging exits my los/melee range?
Yes

Question on charging. Does the charge have to completed into the targets melee range or can just into reach range :Reach: work also.. I looked into rule charging, it goes make and forth on the issue.

Reach counts as your melee range so if you have reach, you can stop your charge when YOU come within YOUR melee range

EdwardQ
06-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Thanks.. I assume that I get free strikes because the rule if a model moves within your melee range then your engaging it.

NmoLvr
06-20-2011, 09:08 AM
A free strike happens when a model you are engaging advances out of your melee range.

If they are charging past, as soon as they enter your melee range you are engaging them. Therefore, as soon as they move out of your melee range again, you get a free strike.

Zenassassin
06-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Also it's important to know that if it's a warjack making the charge, and your free strike takes out its Movement, you can screw up its charge.