PDA

View Full Version : Rain of Death and Centurions

Sam Lam
01-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Now question here. Centurion with polarity shield up, now Rain of Death doesn't require a target and is done instead of a charge. So can I move SPD+3" against a centurion?

The exact wording is that I can do a rain of a death instead of a charge.

ahroun5
01-15-2010, 05:52 PM
if you are trying to get around the ploarity shield that way will not work as you are looking to get the +3 movement thru a charge ... and since you cant charge that model you would not be able to get the +3 movement.

you would be able to charge a model next to it then do rain of death or use other types of movement modifiers to get that bonus movement to be able to advance to the target and then do you rain of death

i hope this helps

Sam Lam
01-15-2010, 05:58 PM
This is the thing. Rain of death saids it doesn't need a target so does that mean I can get the charge movement bonus without declaring a target aka the centurian?

vintersbastard
01-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Rain of Death doesn't require a target for the attack. The charge, which is declared before you ever can decide to use RoD, still needs one.

(The time at which you can declare that you're using RoD is in your combat action, after you've already performed a charge movement)

The part of RoD about not needing a target is for stuff like Skarre2's feat, which forbids targeting with attacks.

Sam Lam
01-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Okay then. Other then that I have another question. Can I cast boundless charge on 1 warjack multiple times to gain the extra movement. I would presume that I can because boundless charge is not an upkeep.

Vondell
01-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Nope, effects with the same name do not stack, so you would only benefit from Boundless Charge once.

Deputy57
01-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Boundless charge is still a charge. You are looking for ways to increase your speed without having to declare a target. So look for stat increases. Check Vlad his feat doubles movement which would give you an movement of 8.