PDA

View Full Version : Snipe Spell and ATGM's Attack Type Snipe

Keishi
06-22-2011, 05:47 PM
If a unit of ATGM's have the spell snipe casted on them and they decide to use attack type snipe during their normal ranged attack, does the unit get +8 RNG since one is an upkeep spell and one is an ability?

JJMJester
06-22-2011, 05:51 PM
If a unit of ATGM's have the spell snipe casted on them and they decide to use attack type snipe during their normal ranged attack, does the unit get +8 RNG since one is an upkeep spell and one is an ability?

To my knowledge, it's the same ability so it would not stack on top of itself. It would basically just +4 RNG, not +8 RNG on the ATGM's gun.

Mod_Redphantasm
06-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Same name abilities never stack unless they say otherwise. In this case, even though they are from two difference sources, both are Snipe, and do not stack.

katatonic
06-22-2011, 06:43 PM
As the others have said, the two instances of "Snipe" don't stack. However, I think the language is "effects" rather than "abilities" with the same name, thus: Effects with the same name do not stack.

[/lawyer]

NmoLvr
06-23-2011, 04:46 AM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?2068-Double-snipe...&highlight=snipe

The link uses the example of the Gun Mage Captain's snipe, but its still the same thing.

Keishi
06-23-2011, 05:38 PM
I just thought it was only spells that couldn't stack. Thanks for clearing that up.