PDA

View Full Version : Light Artillery and continuous effects

Dark Lord of Puppies
07-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Let's say a War Witch Siren sprays your Heavy Rifle Team and only connects with the model holding the model and said model dies in the caustic spray and is nothing but s puddle of goo.

The spotter then picks up the rifle and effectively becomes the "new" sniper.

Does the corrosive continuous effect get applied to the "new" sniper?

RedWynd
07-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Prime pg. 71 - Weapon Crews

Unlike with other units, if the Leader of a weapon crew leaves play it replaces a Grunt in the unit only if the Grunt is within 1". Otherwise the Leader model leaves play and the player controlling the weapon crew chooses another model in the unit to become the unit commander. See "Field Promotion" on p. 72.

Prime pg. 72 - Field Promotion

When a unit's Leader is destroyed, removed from play, or otherwise no longer part of its unit, choose a Grunt in that model's unit to take its place and become the new Leader. Replace the Grunt model with the Leader model. Effects on the destroyed Leader expire. Effects on the replaced Grunt are applied to the new Leader.

Mod_Plarzoid
07-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Prime pg. 71 - Weapon Crews

Unlike with other units, if the Leader of a weapon crew leaves play it replaces a Grunt in the unit only if the Grunt is within 1". Otherwise the Leader model leaves play and the player controlling the weapon crew chooses another model in the unit to become the unit commander. See "Field Promotion" on p. 72.

Prime pg. 72 - Field Promotion

When a unit's Leader is destroyed, removed from play, or otherwise no longer part of its unit, choose a Grunt in that model's unit to take its place and become the new Leader. Replace the Grunt model with the Leader model. Effects on the destroyed Leader expire. Effects on the replaced Grunt are applied to the new Leader.

Let's say a War Witch Siren sprays your Heavy Rifle Team and only connects with the model holding the model and said model dies in the caustic spray and is nothing but s puddle of goo.

The spotter then picks up the rifle and effectively becomes the "new" sniper.

Does the corrosive continuous effect get applied to the "new" sniper?

No. Any continuous effects on the grunt are applied to the new "sniper", though.

RedWynd
07-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Oh whoops, looks like my edits didn't save! Sorry for the confusion, I'm at work and barely got the quotes out before getting busy. I included the part about weapon crews since their field promotion is a bit different and I thought it might be relevant. Looks like it's all cleared up now though. :)