PDA

View Full Version : MHSF + Animus

Mefju
07-09-2011, 04:34 AM
When warlock casts for example Tenacity on himself and MHSF shoots, do they ignore this bonus cause it was cast by warlock as a spell?

x3tsniper
07-09-2011, 04:40 AM
I believe it is a spell when it is cast by a caster even if it is an animus. It must come from a beast itself to be counted.

currentlyunknown
07-09-2011, 09:20 AM
I don't have my book handy, but doesn't it say that a warlock may cast the animus as if it were a spell? That doesn't actually make it a spell...

ShatteredFaith
07-09-2011, 09:33 AM
When a warlock casts an Animus it counts as an Animus AND a Spell, was my understanding of it and how it was explained to me on these here boards.

bmeier
07-09-2011, 09:38 AM
When a warlock casts an Animus it counts as an Animus AND a Spell, was my understanding of it and how it was explained to me on these here boards.
This is correct. If the warlock casts the animus, models with arcane assassin or blessed will ignore any positive bonuses. If a warbeast is the one to cast it, they do not ignore the bonus.

G.a.d.d.
07-10-2011, 12:42 AM
This is correct. If the warlock casts the animus, models with arcane assassin or blessed will ignore any positive bonuses. If a warbeast is the one to cast it, they do not ignore the bonus.
I think this is the wrong conclusion. Primal says (p.78: Spells and animi) that: "a warlock can cast an animus as if it was a spell of its own" (The last three words were left out in this threat, but I think they are quite important.). Nowhere in the text does the animus become a spell.

Feldrance
07-10-2011, 01:09 AM
I can understand where your coming from, but the part the same rule makes me think if the warlock casts it that it would count as a spell.

See bolding for reference

Primal says (p.78: Spells and animi) that: "a warlock can cast an animus as if it was a spell of its own"

It has to be made into a spell for the warlock to use it. Otherwise their fury would go up instead of down =D (being slightly silly on this point dont take it seriously)

Crate123
07-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Primal p78:
"When a Warbeast uses its animus, it is not considered to be casting a spell, but when the warbeast's controller taps its animus, the controller is considered to be casting a spell as well as using an animus."

So yes, when a warlock casts an animus it is both an animus AND a spell but when a warbeasts does it is only an animus.

Stevo
07-10-2011, 05:24 PM
When an a Warlock casts an Animus, it is both a Spell and an Animus. Tenacity cast by Lylyth on herself would be ignored. Tenacity cast by a Shredder on Lylyth would NOT be ignored. The Animus counts as a Spell and an Animus for its entire duration.