PDA

View Full Version : overlapping

caesar
07-09-2011, 12:34 PM
my friend casts tagrosh spell that allows him if he kills the model replace him tagrosh is a medium base and he killed my arcanist who was base to base with a jack of mine.His base is overlapping my jack because he is a medium base and arcanist a small base can he do this because the rulebook says that you cant place models if that model overlaps other models. so can he cast this and just move his caster so he is base to base with my jack or is the spell invalid?

wazatdingder
07-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Rule of Least disturbance pg. 64 says that you move as few models as possible to make it work, so fit him in with as little movement as possible.

Valander
07-09-2011, 12:48 PM
place the new model so the area covered by the smaller of their bases is completely within the area covered by the larger...There must be room for the model's base in the location the model is placed.
That section indicates that you must have room for the new model to be placed. It cannot overlap another model's base, but it could still be placed if it meets both of the above requirements. You don't have to place the new base centered in the same location as the old base, for example, but it does have to cover the area that was covered by the other, smaller, base.

So, if the small model was b2b with your jack but had room around it other than that, yes, he can place his model there. If you had the small base completely surrounded by other bases or something, to where the new base wouldn't fit, it could not be placed.

Valander
07-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Rule of Least disturbance pg. 64 says that you move as few models as possible to make it work, so fit him in with as little movement as possible.
Actually, in this case, the rule of least disturbance does not come into play due to the quote I provided above.

caesar
07-09-2011, 04:23 PM
ok thx i understand