PDA

View Full Version : Beast 09 / Cavalry rules

Roobot
07-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Hello, I'm quite new to the game and a few questions were raised while playing last night that I was hoping someone could answer! :) First, it states in Beast 09s rules that he may reroll failed "charge" attacks as a result of his affinity, does that mean his initial attack of a charge? Secondly, if a cavalry modal declares a charge on a model with three smaller based figures between them can it make an impact attack against all 3 as it passes over them? Or only the first one it passes? Any response is greatly appreciated! :)

Mod_Redphantasm
07-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Welcome to the game and the rules forum. First, please try to keep unrelated questions to different threads, as it makes searching threads easier.

To answer your two questions though:

1. A charge attack is your first melee attack after a successful charge.

2. When a cavalry model charges it may make impact attacks. Impact attacks are made when a cavalry model contacts another model during it's charge movement. At this point it stops its movement and makes a melee attack using its MAT and the POW of the Mount attack against all models in it's melee range. After these attacks are complete the cavalry model continues on it's move. Note, you may only stop to make impact attacks once. If you do not kill all models in your charge path at that time you might be blocked in your charge path and fail the charge.

tort
07-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Too slow...

Roobot
07-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Thank you very much red! I shall keep my questions separate in future! :)

sliganian
07-11-2011, 05:15 AM
2. When a cavalry model charges it may make impact attacks. Impact attacks are made when a cavalry model contacts another model during it's charge movement. At this point it stops its movement and makes a melee attack using its MAT and the POW of the Mount attack against all models in it's melee range. After these attacks are complete the cavalry model continues on it's move. Note, you may only stop to make impact attacks once. If you do not kill all models in your charge path at that time you might be blocked in your charge path and fail the charge.

Yes, important point is that the Charge may not fail IF your Charge Target is still in melee range when you are stopped.

For example, a mount with Reach (say Man-o-War Drakhun) charges an enemy warjack but fails to kill with Impact hits a smaller based model standing 0.5" away from the Jack in the charge path. The Drakhun still gets their melee attack at the charge target as the target is within the 2" melee range at the end of their charge.