Rift
07-11-2011, 01:18 AM
Hi guys a question on terror and models out of formation

X non fearless troop
XL Non Fearless troop leader
Xoof out of formation troop

Let?s say some non-fearless troops are lined up, and everybody is in formation

X X XL X X X

Now I kill the leader to force the promote of another, leaving a troop out of formation and at -2 CMD

X XL X X Xoof

Now I bring in my terrifying entity
X XL X X Xoof ET

The book says you?re not allowed to use the leaders CMD if you are out of formation (Can still use other officers of course) Now do I cause you to do a terror test with a -2 CMD leadership?

bitmatic
07-11-2011, 02:25 AM
I believe you cause the Out-of-formation trooper to take a command check at -2 CMD. However, if he fails it, he does not cause the entire unit to flee.

bitmatic
07-11-2011, 02:52 AM
not really sure... Just checked the rulebook. The phrase i remembered about out-of-formation troops taking their CMD-checks individually doesn't come in to play here, apparently it only comes into play when a model ends it's activation out of formation.

So.... I'll adjust my statement, and say that you probalby take a CMD-check at -2, and if you fail the whole unit flees..... Sucks to be out of formation :)

Rift
07-11-2011, 02:55 AM
Pretty big for cryx. Kill out the leader and then charge the model out of formation with a terror causer and break the whole unit with a -2 CMD check.

Ouch.

bitmatic
07-11-2011, 03:06 AM
Yeah... If this holds water, I'll be using my Doom Reavers more actively to break units then.

Would be nice with some confirmation from someone that's not just guessing :)

Macallan
07-11-2011, 03:19 AM
You make one regular unit-level check. The whole unit is affected by the result.

Rift
07-11-2011, 03:32 AM
Oh ok, so the terror test will not get the - 2 CMD if its a model out of formation?

bitmatic
07-11-2011, 03:34 AM
So you use the unit leader/commander/officers CMD even in the case of an out-of-formation trooper triggering the check.

Seems fair.

EDIT: and thanks Macallan by the way :)

Rift
07-11-2011, 03:39 AM
Yes thanks Macallan.

vintersbastard
07-11-2011, 06:18 AM
Oh ok, so the terror test will not get the - 2 CMD if its a model out of formation?
That's correct.