PDA

View Full Version : Frost and fire effects simultaneously

Throsjten
07-11-2011, 09:21 AM
A model that has been made stationary for one round, due to a frost effect (Sorscha or winter troll) and suffers the fire continuous effect in the maintenance phase, isn't automatically thawed. Seems wrong to be frozen and on fire simultaneously but I didn't come across anything in the rules that says one overrides the other.

There's a paragraph about rules disputes that says if there's a dispute common sense and analogy to related rules should be your guide. But if both players know the rules and know there's no mention of one nullifying the other there's no dispute. There's just me making up rules as I go along ...

I wouldn't mind a small errata on this one. In the mean time, if you point out that me setting your frozen model on fire makes it loose the stationary effect, I will gladly accept your view.

Halfhoot
07-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Nope... forget the thoughts of how real life interactions would work. Think of continuous effects... or any status... as simple markers on your model that do certain things. There will never be an errata on this type of thing and I'm extremely glad for that. No thanks but I don't want to have to try to figure out how to make every little possible real life interaction with the name of effects in the rules... that'd be nuts and impossible to keep up with.

The rules just do as they say they do and it really works out so much better that way.

Mod_Redphantasm
07-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Is there a rules question here?

Throsjten
07-11-2011, 09:35 AM
You have a point. Things can get complicated enough as it is. It's a slippery slope. I'll just accept things don't work the same way in Immoren as they do on planet earth. Just like I can't keep my beer cold with an icy fist or zap mosquitoes with an electro-leap from my fingertip.

Vynde
07-11-2011, 09:35 AM
imagine his/her feet are frozen to the ground and his/her hair is on fire!

Throsjten
07-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Is there a rules question here?

The question was a bit hidden. Fire + ice, how does this work and how do you handle it. Halfhoot answered nicely.

Wispur
07-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Yeah... when in doubt, just say this special phrase to yourself.

"It's Magic!"

Real Fire doesn't melt Magical Ice.
Magical Fire doesn't melt Real Ice.
Magical Fire doesn't melt Magical Ice.

:)