PDA

View Full Version : The size of a model & Cover and concealment

NoGamingInMississippi
07-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Does the size of a model matter in accordance with if it can get a concealment or cover bonus. Ex. A commando is within one inch of a wall that is an inch tall itself. He would get the 4+ cover bonus. Now if the Bohemouth is within one inch of that same wall, would he also receive the 4+ cover bonus due to his large size? The reason I ask is that I have seen it played both ways. The rulebook seems to say that the size of the model doesn't matter, but I could be wrong.

Gamingdevil
07-11-2011, 12:10 PM
The rulebook is correct in this case. Come to think of it, it is generally correct in most cases ;) You are right, the size of the model has no influence on whether or not it can gain cover or concealment bonuses.

Ana Su
07-11-2011, 12:11 PM
The size of the model doesnt matter. Everything gets the +4. It would be crazy hard to manage what gives you what bonus if the rules were different for each sized model and what sized terrain.

quindraco
07-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Don't huge based models fail to benefit from cover or concealment?

Smiles
07-11-2011, 02:04 PM
^^^ Yes. But size does matter for terrain blocking LOS. If you've purchased the latest templates for Mk2, on the spray template, there are LOS markers near the 8" and 10" markers. That shows what will block LOS to what size base.

Unfortunately, they are not 2",3",4"... they are their own proprietary sizes. So you need the template to know them. I believe they are also in the rule book.

gabbadj
07-12-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm feeling like a idiot but how do you use the cover sizes on the spray template? From which way to which way for which sizes!? haha!

Mod_Redphantasm
07-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Don't huge based models fail to benefit from cover or concealment?

Battle Engines do not benefit from cover or concealment. This is only battle engines though. There is no rule stating that huge base models themselves do not benefit from cover or concealment

I'm feeling like a idiot but how do you use the cover sizes on the spray template? From which way to which way for which sizes!? haha!

You stand the scale next to the cover to see if it falls below the line corresponding to the models base size. Remember, this only works for determining LOS, the size of the cover has no bearing on whether or not you get the bonus.