PDA

View Full Version : Cross trained commodore & sea dog deck gun

jengland
07-13-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm sorry if this has already been covered somewhere. I searched for it but found nothing that I needed.

My question is if the commodore has lost a crewman can a sea dog deck gun crew fulfill the requirements of cross trained and leave their unit to be become a crewman on the commodore?

Thanks in advance.

vintersbastard
07-13-2011, 11:24 AM
A Sea Dog Deck Gun Mercenary Privateer Weapon Crew model is not a Sea Dog Crew model. (Quite obviously, since there are a whole bunch of words in between)

RedWynd
07-13-2011, 11:25 AM
AFAIK the requirement for Cross-Trained is 'Sea Dog Crew Grunt', implying (to me) that only a Grunt from a Sea Dog Crew unit can fulfill the action. I am not sure if a regular Grunt from a 'weapon crew' would fulfill that requirement.

EDIT: With the above ninja in mind, now I am quite sure it won't.

tort
07-13-2011, 04:27 PM
I think you are confusing sea dog units (which the deck gun is) with the Sea Dog Crew which is a specific unit. This rule applies only to grunts in the sea dog crew unit, many of the other rules in the privateers faction apply to all sea dog units which would include the deck gun.

Devilsquid
07-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Shame too, because it would make sense.

"I'm working on the smaller cannons till I can get promoted to the Commodore Crew."
"*BLAM* Sven's been killed! Charlie, get over here!"
"WOOOO! Now it's my time to shine!"