PDA

View Full Version : Gorman's Alchemical Grenades

Mr Primate
01-19-2010, 07:23 AM
For Gorman's grenades allows you to choose one of the following options.

?Acid Bomb - Models in the AOE are hit and suffer a POW 12 corrosion damage roll ICON and the Corrosion
continuous effect ICON.
?Black Oil - This attack causes no damage. Instead, models in the AOE are hit and suffer Blind for one round. (A blind
model cannot make ranged or magic attacks, suffers ?4 MAT and DEF, cannot run or charge, and must forfeit either its
movement or action during its next activation.)
?Rust - This attack causes no damage. Instead, warjacks in the AOE are hit and suffer ?2 ARM for one turn.

The wording seems to imply that the models in the AOE are automatically hit. Is this correct? Presumably you still have to roll hit the original target to avoid deviation? (Not that they are going far with a range of 6).

Hjelmen0
01-19-2010, 07:25 AM
The grenades are still a ranged attack, so you still have to make a successful attack roll to hit the target. The effects are basically only effects that apply to the AoE.

But as with all other AoE's, models under the blast are hit and suffer it's effects, even if it deviates.

GunMageinTraining
01-19-2010, 07:26 AM
Indeed, it's a blast effect, models under the template are 'hit'

You roll to hit as usual with the template to avoid scatter, but as you say. Your unlikely to scatter far at all with the short range.

Any model touched by template, suffers the effects of the grenade as described.

WMPlayer
01-19-2010, 07:27 AM
You are correct.

brass_circle
01-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Can you target a spot, to ensure that there is no scatter?

Weaselcreature
01-19-2010, 09:22 AM
No. Ranged attacks need to target a model (or structure, if applicable).

Chad
01-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Indeed, it's a blast effect, models under the template are 'hit'
*snip*
Any model touched by template, suffers the effects of the grenade as described.

Just to clarify...'blast damage' is different than getting hit by the AOE. The AOE is what it is.

I don't have the new rulebook yet, but as far as I know, all effects of an AOE are not 'blast' which is very specific terminology when considering models that are immune to 'blast effects'.

Gorman's grenades have no POW, so it doesn't cause blast damage. Skarre's blood rain has damage, but no 'blast damage'. Unless things have changed and I am unaware.

WMPlayer
01-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Just to clarify...'blast damage' is different than getting hit by the AOE. The AOE is what it is.

I don't have the new rulebook yet, but as far as I know, all effects of an AOE are not 'blast' which is very specific terminology when considering models that are immune to 'blast effects'.

Gorman's grenades have no POW, so it doesn't cause blast damage. Skarre's blood rain has damage, but no 'blast damage'. Unless things have changed and I am unaware.
You are correct with regard to Gorman's grenades but not for Skarre's Blood Rain. Models in the AOE of Blood Rain suffer blast damage (which is of the Corrosion damage type) and the Corrosion continuous effect.

rhulicmonk
04-13-2010, 04:23 PM
So this came up in a game tonight:

Gorman missed an attack with Acid Bomb, but is deviated over two models. The card reads that models in the AOE are hit and suffer a POW 12 Corrosion damage. Does this mean the attack rolls are from a POW 12 or POW 6?

FeignLife
04-13-2010, 04:44 PM
So this came up in a game tonight:

Gorman missed an attack with Acid Bomb, but is deviated over two models. The card reads that models in the AOE are hit and suffer a POW 12 Corrosion damage. Does this mean the attack rolls are from a POW 12 or POW 6?

All models under take a POW 12. Gorman's grenades do not cause blast damage.

Vecilias
04-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Well it specifically says

?Acid Bomb - Models in the AOE are hit and suffer a POW 12 corrosion damage roll ICON and the Corrosion
continuous effect ICON.

The Jist of it is that all models in the aoe take a pow 12 to the face and
suffer corrosion which is a nice upshot to Gormans short range becouse
his bombs can only scattar as far as 3" which would still hit a large base.

Another example of stuff like this is Ekrueger's Lightning storm spell were
all models in the aoe take a pow 10