PDA

View Full Version : Reckoner and Testament of Menoth- Ashen Veil questions

Anuboros
07-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Hi

So the Reckoner has Ashen Veil as an ability and the ToM has it as a spell and both do exactly the same thing (gives concealment and +2 Def in melee against living models within 2"). My question is are they stackable? Does this mean that I can cast Ashen veil on the Reckoner or a model/unit within 2 inches of it to allow both those models and any other models within 2 inches of them to have a +4 Def in combat vs living models?

Also, will this work if I cast Ashen Veil on 2 separate models/ units and have them close to each other to have a cumulative effect?

I have been playing so it is not stackable just to avoid any whines, but wanted to check with the community.

RedWynd
07-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Nope, same name effects do not stack even if they are effects on separate models.

I can't find the page number but it's in there somewhere..!

ShockwaveIIC
07-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi

So the Reckoner has Ashen Veil as an ability and the ToM has it as a spell and both do exactly the same thing (gives concealment and +2 Def in melee against living models within 2"). My question is are they stackable? Does this mean that I can cast Ashen veil on the Reckoner or a model/unit within 2 inches of it to allow both those models and any other models within 2 inches of them to have a +4 Def in combat vs living models?

Also, will this work if I cast Ashen Veil on 2 separate models/ units and have them close to each other to have a cumulative effect?

I have been playing so it is not stackable just to avoid any whines, but wanted to check with the community.
1, If the Reckoner has Ashen Veil. Then none of the abilities stack.

However, if it doesn't (I'm not sure)
2, Then the two sources of Concealment do not stack (As both would grant Concealment), but the two -2 to Attack rolls do stack, assuming the names of the abilities are different

Anuboros
07-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Do you remember what page that's on where it explains same name effects don't stack?

Valander
07-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Do you remember what page that's on where it explains same name effects don't stack?

Yup, here you go:

Unless otherwise specified, multiple instances of the same effect (that is, effects with the same name) on a model are not cumulative.

Second paragraph under Rule Priority.