PDA

View Full Version : Tartarus curse timing

subgenius
07-21-2011, 05:09 PM
I just got a set of bane thralls and tartarus this week and I'm planning on using them in a game vs a trollbloods friend of mine this weekend. This will be my first time using a solo like this so some help is needed on a point about his curse. When exactly can it be used (pre-charge, post charge movement but before attack, after charge attack is complete) and can it be used the same turn as other actions including a *attack like thresher?

juckto
07-21-2011, 05:26 PM
It can be used at any time, as long as it doesn't interrupt something else - it's kinda like casting a spell in that regard.

Yes, it can be used at the same time as other actions, because it is an ability not an action or attack.

Note that once you start your thresher attack you have to completely resolve all hits, then resolve effects that trigger on hit, then resolve all damage, then resolve effects that trigger on damage/destroyed ... before you can do something non-threshery (like summon new Banes).

+Edit You may want to read this thread (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?54921-Common-mistakes-regarding-Cryx-models-and-abilities-Mk-II).

Gamingdevil
07-22-2011, 12:37 AM
When exactly can it be used (pre-charge, post charge movement but before attack, after charge attack is complete) and can it be used the same turn as other actions including a *attack like thresher?

All of them. "During your activation" means just that, as long as it's during your activation, you can use it. Just not during a different action (such as starting a charge, after 2", use Curse, then continue the charge, or during Thresher as juckto stated) Keep in mind that you can use it before running, but not after (as that immediately ends your activation)

subgenius
07-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Perfect, that makes complete sense. Thanks!