PDA

View Full Version : Charging Models within the same unit?

ZombieAutopilot
08-01-2011, 04:26 AM
The unit activates. Model A, who is a member of the unit is directly in front of model B, who is also a member.

Model A declares a charge at a target who is obviously out of reach, thus resulting in a failed charge.

Model B then declares a charge against model A, and having the same movement, makes a successful charge, and subsequently must make a melee attack, ect.

Is this a legal move?

Lanz
08-01-2011, 04:40 AM
So move model A, then have model B charge and attack model A?

Yeah, that's legal. Not sure why you'd want to kill your own model unless model B is triggering something or has more than 1 attack.

ZombieAutopilot
08-01-2011, 04:54 AM
Yeah, that's legal. Not sure why you'd want to kill your own model unless model B is triggering something or has more than 1 attack.

To be honest, Blood Letting.

Lanz
08-01-2011, 04:56 AM
Then yeah, if you have a reason for it, sure. It's not an illegal move to kill your own guys. Though, they are still all moving before they attack, but they're declaring charge targets as they go, so just make sure you've finished moving everyone in the unit before you start swinging.

ZombieAutopilot
08-01-2011, 04:59 AM
I knew I could kill my own dudes, it was more that it just seemed a little janky because I wasn't sure if receiving the charge order would interfere with it all or whatnot.

Thanks much.

Lanz
08-01-2011, 05:18 AM
Even though they all receive the order at once, the models in the unit still declare their charges independently, so yeah, nothing's preventing you from moving one model, then charging that model in it's new spot.