PDA

View Full Version : Chain Attack: Smash and Grab question

somnicide
08-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Hey there, sorry for another noob question. When you do a chain attack:smash and grab and hit with the first two attacks, do you have to roll to hit with the follow up headbutt/throw/doublehanded throw or do you just go straight to resolving the effects for that power attack?

Thanks.

Valander
08-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Yes, you must still make the attack roll. You just get the power attack without having to spend focus.

somnicide
08-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Great, thanks!

Gamingdevil
08-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Say, why does everyone call this "Smash and Grab" instead of "Grab and Smash"? I just checked the entries for both the Kodiak and Seether and they both have "Grab and Smash".:confused:

NmoLvr
08-04-2011, 11:21 AM
We're just anxious to get to the SMASH part!!! :D

bitmatic
08-04-2011, 11:44 AM
When you do a chain attack:smash and grab and hit with the first two attacks....
You don't....

I have a feeling you have got this sort of upside down, so i'll elaborate a bit :)

You don't charge the Kodiak in and state "I want to make a Chain attack: Grab and Smash". You charge it in, and make your 2 initial attacks exactly as usual. If both of these initial attacks hit, and they both hit the same target, then you have the option of doing a "grab and smash" chain attack.
This chain attack allows you to immediately do any one of a number of power attacks for free. This power attack is resolved exactly as you would resolve the same power attack under normal circumstances.