PDA

View Full Version : Rules for modifying a statistic

tort
08-09-2011, 04:57 PM
When you double or halve a statistic does all doubling happen simultaneously, i.e. you only ever double the stat or do you multiply the stat by two for each effect that doubles the stat (so if there are two effects doubling a stat it becomes 4 times the base stat). The only rules I know of that could theoretically do this do not apply to stats in the stat bar, they apply to things like spell cost and POW. Do these also follow the same rules for doubling, halving, adding and subtracting?

Tried a few different searches but my search fu is weak.

Vicomte Athos
08-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Please list the abilities you have in question. It's easier to provide you with the rules response. Also remember that two abilities of the same name do not stack.

Stevo
08-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Can you provide an example of what you are talking about? Without a better understanding of your problem, we can't really answer your question.

The only thing that can be doubled twice that I can think of right now is the SPD of a Khador Warjack under Vlad's Feat. In that particular instance would be able to move 16" (Vlad doubles their SPD to 8 and Running doubles that to 16).

tort
08-10-2011, 02:34 AM
A model could be affected by Lamentation and Arcane Disjunction (say in an Unlikely Alliance game).
Zerkova uses Focus sphere while affected by either Arcane Disjunction or Lamentation.

Rynth
08-10-2011, 05:13 AM
A model could be affected by Lamentation and Arcane Disjunction (say in an Unlikely Alliance game).
Zerkova uses Focus sphere while affected by either Arcane Disjunction or Lamentation.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?72767-Black-Gate-VS-Lamentation
That particular interaction is being looked into.

tort
08-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks for that but that is only for the second part of the question. The first part (about doubling a double or Lamentation and Arcane Disjunction) is not addressed in that thread.

Stevo
08-11-2011, 03:14 AM
Again, we need an example to understand what, exactly you are asking about. Stat modifications don't always follow normal mathematical order of operations. If we have some context, we can try to answer your question.

tort
08-16-2011, 09:03 PM
1. The only reason you need an example is to point you to the rules that are in question, this was a question about the base stats, current stats and modifiers rule, that part of the question is now waiting for infernal confirmation. If you don't know say that or don't answer.

2. I have previously made three posts in this thread, two of them contain a relevant example for including the one right above your post.