PDA

View Full Version : unit's with jack marshal?

nicholas_342
08-13-2011, 07:40 PM
It's late, and this might come into play tomorrow for the Wrath release event so I am going to throw this out there and hopefully someone will be nice enough to answer by the morning. My High Shield Gun Corps are Jack Marshals. That's not an officer or a unit leader thing, the entire unit is. Yes, I know that only who ever is in charge is the actual jack marshal. Which means that when I have the UA, the officer is the Jack Marshal. My question is, what happens if the Officer is killed? On pg. 80 of the prime book it says the new unit commander gains the jack marshal advantage, but it doesn't say anything about whether or not the jack becomes autonomous in the process, and then has to be reactivated by the new unit commander/jack marshal. I would assume it doesn't because that would make a unit of jack marshals kind of pointless, but by the same token, just a few paragraphs prior it says that if a jack marshal is killed, the jacks become autonomous.

Thanks in advance for any help.

juckto
08-13-2011, 07:51 PM
it says that if a jack marshal is killed, the jacks become autonomous.
The jack marshal is the unit.
Has the unit been killed?

SpellBinder
08-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Whoever the unit leader is, that is who the 'jack marshal is. Kill the officer, the unit leader becomes the 'jack marshal. Kill the unit leader, whoever gets promoted becomes the 'jack marshal, even if it's a special model like a sniper or standard bearer.

As juckto asked, "Has the unit been killed?" If there is at least one warrior left in the unit, that model is the 'jack marshal.

nicholas_342
08-14-2011, 05:04 AM
so the jack never becomes autonomous until the entire unit is killed. That's how I was hoping it worked, I just wasn't sure.

Alviaran
08-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Also, to clarify, even if the unit only has a Jack Marshall because of a UA (such as Gun Mages), even if he gets whacked the unit still are Jack Marshalls. (Any unique abilities of the original Marshall are gone, but the generic Marshall ability is intact)