PDA

View Full Version : Question about when "Rapport" is used

stardog
08-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Hey Guys,

Just playing a game o Warmachine vs Hordes and Im not really famuliar with Hordes spells.

The question comes to "Rapport" and damage transfer, when does it happen.

Does it have to be called before damage is dealt? is i done on the upkeep turn? on the Warlocks turn?

henderslice
08-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Damage transfers after the damage roll is taken. So if you roll 2 damage on my warlock, I can choose to take it rather than transfer it. If you roll 10 damage I can choose to transfer it. I don't know what you mean by "done on the upkeep turn". Transfers happen from the warlock to the target beast. Clarify the situation and I might be able to give you a better answer.

tuttleboy
08-14-2011, 06:06 PM
@henderslice has it. You don't have to choose to transfer until after the damage roll is made. Check out Primal PG77, it's got a great example right at the end of the rules blurb. As to "Rapport", I have no idea what it is, would you mind quoting the rule or telling us which model has it?

henderslice
08-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Rapport is cast on a warbeast and allow it to use the warlock's MAT and RAT. It also allows the warlock to transfer damage to the warbeast even if it is out of the warlock's control range. The warlock can transfer to this warbeast once per turn for free. The spell is upkeepable.