PDA

View Full Version : Being Slammed Q

Jojoburra
08-16-2011, 06:00 AM
2 Questions:

1. My Titan Gladiator grand slams a Ravagore while on Zaal's feat. I rolled the range of slam and get a 4. so plus 2" for the grand slam ability I got 6 and basically it would land on top of 5 Striders, 4 on the side and 1 on top. Does all the striders die (enraged TG is strength 14)? And how will the ravagore be placed if say not all the small based model will not die?

2. My Titan Gladiator is out of my control area after the slam, does rolling (so I can boost) for the damage come before the move or after?

Crate123
08-16-2011, 06:09 AM
1 All the striders would die, if we assume it was something tougher then the rule for least disturbance would come in to effect.

2. Depends how you end up out of control range. If the slam itself means you end up out of control range then you can not boost anything, if your gladiator is inside control range before Follow Up then you can boost since Follow Up is done after resolving the slam.

Valander
08-16-2011, 07:02 AM
1. The placement of the slammed model must be done prior to applying damage, so you will need to use the rule of least disturbance detailed in Prime/Primal, since a larger base moves over smaller bases during slam movement.

2. Boosting is done at the point of rolling damage, which in this case is after the slam movement. If you are out of control range, you cannot be forced to boost.

Draekon Darkstorm
08-16-2011, 07:11 AM
That is only true if he decides to use the follow up from the Titan Gladiator and move out of Zaal's control area. If he does not follow-up, and remains in the control area he can boost damage. Unless I'm mis-reading what he did and he left the control area on the slam, instead of the follow up.

Draekon

Valander
08-16-2011, 08:34 AM
That is only true if he decides to use the follow up from the Titan Gladiator and move out of Zaal's control area. If he does not follow-up, and remains in the control area he can boost damage. Unless I'm mis-reading what he did and he left the control area on the slam, instead of the follow up.

Draekon

It is always true that you cannot force if you are outside of your warlock's control area; it doesn't matter how you got there. My point #2 is pointing out when damage rolls are boosted (i.e., immediately before they are made) and that it is at that point you measure to see if you are in control area to determine if it is legal to boost.

Jojoburra
08-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Can someone give me the specifics of the rule of least disturbances, I don't have the primal on me atm and it's one of the parts that I sort of skipped. Basically the Ravagore landed on top of a strider and 2 others by the tip of their bases. When it was slammed and the trajectory of the slam went past through 2 other striders. I just want to know how would the placing be if say it wasn't striders but something tougher and all 5 small based, or some models survived?

Valander
08-16-2011, 09:34 AM
In a nutshell, move stuff the least amount possible to make it a legal placement. The model that was moving stays where it goes, then skooch other models just enough to make it fit. It's on p. 64 of Prime (probably similar in Primal), and I'm not pasting the whole section here, since it's really pretty much what it sounds like it would be. ;)

The Captain
08-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Basically, the model that was moved (slammed or thrown) stays where it ends up. The models it lands on are moved away. Move the fewest possible number of models the fewest possible distance. It should be pretty intuitive.

EDIT: That darned ninja penguin wasn't there a moment ago!

Jojoburra
08-16-2011, 11:12 AM
TY everyone for all the info. I love how most of the people in this forum are so friendly and helpful. Haven't seen a post from a ******bag yet.

rydiafan
08-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Haven't seen a post from a ******bag yet.

There's plenty of those here: https://privateerpressforums.com/search.php?searchid=1344472