PDA

View Full Version : counterblast vs slam/trample attack

somnicide
08-16-2011, 03:21 PM
There are a couple of different effects which are triggered when a model ends its move within X range (I believe perdition is another?) With a charge it is pretty straight forward - they move get the +3" and at the end of that your effect kicks off. How does it work when there is an attack tied to it? I guess I will number the questions below to make it a bit more coherent

1. On a slam or a trample attack, is the counterblast simultaneous with the movement?

2. Would the model take the damage from the slam first and then after that was resolved make it's counterblast attack?

3. Does it lose the attack because it is knocked down by the slam?

4. What if the animus is cast by a warlock who is trampled?

5. What if the trample-ee is Carver who has his mind control serum (take control of model, move and make one attack with it) ready with counterblast? Or the stationary one?

Thanks!

nachtnebel
08-16-2011, 03:29 PM
1. counterblast is not simultaneous with the movement, it is dealt with directly afterwards
2. counterblast goes first
3. no, according to 2
4. same as for a beast

Valander
08-16-2011, 03:40 PM
There are a couple of different effects which are triggered when a model ends its move within X range (I believe perdition is another?) With a charge it is pretty straight forward - they move get the +3" and at the end of that your effect kicks off. How does it work when there is an attack tied to it?

Even in the case of things like slams and tramples, you still end movement, which would trigger effects that happen when a model ends movement, then make any attack rolls.