PDA

View Full Version : madraks scroll?

Snatchsquatch
08-16-2011, 06:48 PM
i once read an erratta that stated that madraks scroll could be used after the damage roll was made. when i brought this to attention during a game in which i tried to save madraks life with it, i could no longer find the erratta. has it been changed and if not where can i find out the information. i found the may 2011 erratta and there is no information about it. i felt like an ***. thanks alot privateer press!

The Happy Anarchist
08-16-2011, 07:06 PM
No, there was no errata on that. That is how it worked in mk1 but definitely since mk2 became official Madrak's scroll has been before the damage roll.

Clone01
08-16-2011, 08:30 PM
I have a question. How does the scroll work in this situation:

Cryx Face: Boom! I hit Madrak with my Slayer! I'ma gonna boost da damage!

Angus McTroll: I use Madrak's scroll, damage is negated.

Cryx Face: Ok, I'll save that focus I was gonna boost with and use it for another attack.

Angus McTroll: No, you said you used it to boost the non-existent damage roll. That focus is gone.

Is that focus really gone?

Lawso42
08-16-2011, 09:22 PM
I believe that since it is before the damage is rolled, "Cryx face" would keep the focus, as technically, there is no damage roll to boost.

-Lawso

Greggle
08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah, you can't boost a damage roll that isn't even made.

Kuwanger23
08-17-2011, 02:20 AM
Normally I would say it is boosted in terms of something else taking the hit like a bouncer or protector but in this case seeing as you declare it before he rolls then there is no roll. Not only that but as soon as he hits you declare it so technically before you even decide to boost you declare you are using it. So he would not lose the focus.

thegreatblah
08-17-2011, 07:05 AM
doesn't matter if he declared the boost, if the roll cannot be made no boost can happen.

Korleone
08-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Can you only use it if you are hit by an "attack"? Specifically .. Krugers feat places 3 AOEs within his command rand and it does x damage. Can the scroll not be used in this case?

Hatred
08-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Can you only use it if you are hit by an "attack"? Specifically .. Krugers feat places 3 AOEs within his command rand and it does x damage. Can the scroll not be used in this case?

Only if his feat requires attack rolls to be made.