PDA

View Full Version : Figs I got at gencon legality

Steampower
08-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Are the figures that I purchased at gencon legal for all play and where can I find this info to show my pressganger either way

Del Fuego
08-16-2011, 10:03 PM
As far as I am aware, there is no listed 'rule' for that. Further it is generally at the discretion of the TO as to what models are legal to play in any given tournament.

Now, the fact that you have a MKII card and the legal model is enough to convince me it didn't "fall off the back of a truck" and should probably be legal for play. However, if your PG is the TO for your LGS (Hooray Acronyms), you may be hosed.

KujakuDM
08-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Models are available for legal play in a Privateer press sanctioned event on their street release date or when they are available for purchase to the community at large.

So eAlexia is not legal for tourny play while things like extreme sculpts are.

KujakuDM
08-16-2011, 11:00 PM
However, models available for purchase at a con can be used at that con.

EricTehRed
08-17-2011, 11:18 AM
What Kujaku said. To quote SR2011:

"Models that have not yet been released to the general public at the time of the event are not permitted unless those models are readily available at the event ventue (such as convention-release models in tournaments at that convention.)"

This is, of course, only relevant when you're in a tournament or official league. For casual play, I'd just ask my opponents before the game starts.

Cloud-Gatherer
08-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah, my fellow PGs have basically covered this, but for Organized Play, models become legal according to the rule quoted by EricTehRed. For just pick-up games at the LGS, there's no such thing as "legal."