PDA

View Full Version : WoldWarden's Animus and Cassius's Trick Legal Or Illegal?

Natureplayer55
08-17-2011, 03:17 PM
WoldWardens Animus

RNG SELF
Cost 2
Center a 4'' AOE on this model. The AOE is a forest That Remains in Play for 1 round.

The Question is Can Cassius Cast this animus on himself, Place a Forest, Move 6'' (Full Advance) Cast The Animus Again and place another Forest.

I think its Legal as its not targeting anything, The wording on THIS MODEL refers to placing of the AOE. And Since the Forest Stays on the Table and Doesn't Follow the Model, The first Forest Shouldn't Disappear.

What do you Think?

circletakesthesquare
08-17-2011, 03:19 PM
There is another thread with almost the exact same question scroll down...

Natureplayer55
08-17-2011, 03:31 PM
I would Agree that Having say "Tracker" on the Woldwarden Would fall off if he cast Wild Growth Animus on Himself, What Im asking if the forest disappears.

Woldwarden Cast "wild Growth"
WoldWarden Moves 5''
Cassuis Channels Lighting Strike on Woldwarden

DOes the Forest Disappear? I dont think so....

nachtnebel
08-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Why should it not?

Natureplayer55
08-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Why should it not?

Cause its not attached to anything. Does the Board/Table count? ONce the Forest is Down, its down

Natureplayer55
08-17-2011, 03:46 PM
The Animus already happened when the forest is placed, its not de-buff or Buff. Do ya see were Im coming from?

Bishop84
08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Why would Stone Skin 'fall off' the Woldwarden if it uses its animus? Stone Skin is simply an upkeep spell and has no interation with the usage of animi.

If you were thinking of some sort of other animi on the Woldwarden going away, why would you agree that using the Warden's animus makes other animi on it expire, but warlocks able to maintain multiple forest animi?

eliassmith27
08-17-2011, 04:25 PM
My thinking is that the forest is a lasting side effect to the animus, much like the auto-frenzy from primal, and it sticks around after the animus expires.

Natureplayer55
08-17-2011, 04:34 PM
My thinking is that the forest is a lasting side effect to the animus, much like the auto-frenzy from primal, and it sticks around after the animus expires.

Thats what I think as well

Avarice711
08-17-2011, 06:14 PM

I concur with this.

juckto
08-17-2011, 07:43 PM
The Question is Can Cassius Cast this animus on himself, Place a Forest, Move 6'' (Full Advance) Cast The Animus Again and place another Forest.
Yes you can. And as I understand the Hordes system, you can then activate the Woldwolden and it can use the animus to place a third one.

Vex
08-18-2011, 07:22 AM
To illustrate why the forest shouldn't fade, consider another model, the Angelius from Legion. It's animus reads: "Enemy models currently within 2" of this model are immediately pushed 3" directly away from it in the order you choose." So, let's say that the Angelius casts this animus and pushes some models around. Then it moves and casts it again. Do the models it pushed orginally get returned to their starting positions because the original animus effect faded? No, of course not. The forest from the Woldwarden works the same way.

DeusxMachina
08-18-2011, 07:46 AM
I agree. the Woldwarden's animus is not an upkeep and therefore does not expire when it is cast a second time, particularly since when a warlock casts an animus it counts as a spell (or at least I think it is). Cassius could theoretically go one better (if you want to call it that) and place a 4" forest, make a full advance place another 4" forest, and then teleport via Unseen Path and place a third 4" forest, with the Woldwarden creating a fourth during its activation.

If you were so inclined.

rydiafan
08-18-2011, 07:52 AM
To illustrate why the forest shouldn't fade, consider another model, the Angelius from Legion. It's animus reads: "Enemy models currently within 2" of this model are immediately pushed 3" directly away from it in the order you choose." So, let's say that the Angelius casts this animus and pushes some models around. Then it moves and casts it again. Do the models it pushed orginally get returned to their starting positions because the original animus effect faded? No, of course not. The forest from the Woldwarden works the same way.

Beasts may only be forced to use their animus once per activation. :p

Your example works with a warlock, though.

Natureplayer55
08-18-2011, 08:17 AM
WOW! Awesome Responses Thanks guys Can't Wait to Try it out.