PDA

View Full Version : Boxed, Remove From Play, Dark Dominion, Soul Fire, Razor Worm

SlaveOneD
08-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Ok, i wont be surprised if this has already been done to death so i apologize now if this thread somehow brings back painful memories and encourages you to throw yourself off a bridge. If so i may join you.

Anyhooters...

So im wanting to know the correct order things should happen when Hexeris uses Soulfire and Boxes a living non-souless model on his Feat turn. At the same time i want to know the order of things when a Razor Worm boxes a model a living or undead small based model on Hexeris feat turn.

I'm sure one explanation may be enough for the other but wanted to point out two cases this is almost definitely going to happen.

If you prefer to link an already existing thread, that is fine as well, as we can save kilobytes and braincells.

Thanks and Sorry at the same time.

JamesDiGriz
08-18-2011, 01:40 PM
From the errata
p. 244. Appendix A.
Add the following to the end of the second paragraph:
At any time two or more abilities are triggered at the same time,
such as ?attack hit? or ?end activation,? the active player chooses
the order in which abilities on his models resolve, then the inactive
player chooses the order in which abilities on his models resolve.

If I am reading this correctly, you would apply the actions in the order you chose.

In the case of Hexblast, you would cast it, box the model then choose to probably activate the feat ability, followed up by the spell giving you +1 fury.

Similarly I would assume the worm would box, you would apply the feat, then the worm would move and dig in.

vintersbastard
08-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Dark Dominion, as well as Soulfire, Remove a model from Play at the boxed step of attack resolution. Removing a model from Play at that step prevents further triggered effects from being resolved (cf. p. 67 of Prime), so you have to choose which one you want.

SlaveOneD
08-18-2011, 04:36 PM
So according to both your posts, the Razor Worm would box a model, i then would choose to either Dark Dominon the model or have the Razor Worm advance then dig in? I couldn't do both?

As far as Soulfire goes, would i still get the extra fury if i decide to Dark Dominion?

vintersbastard
08-19-2011, 12:09 AM
So according to both your posts, the Razor Worm would box a model, i then would choose to either Dark Dominon the model or have the Razor Worm advance then dig in? I couldn't do both?
As I don't have the wording for the Razor Worm, I can't answer that for sure; if it does work on boxed and removes from play, then the answer is yes.

As far as Soulfire goes, would i still get the extra fury if i decide to Dark Dominion?
No, you don't. Getting the fury is dependent upon the model being boxed, and won't be resolved if you remove it from play due to some other reason.

SlaveOneD
08-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Oh poop! But thanks anyways Vinter! Gotta love Skornergy.

Shawn
08-22-2011, 06:55 AM
Dark Dominion, as well as Soulfire, Remove a model from Play at the boxed step of attack resolution. Removing a model from Play at that step prevents further triggered effects from being resolved (cf. p. 67 of Prime), so you have to choose which one you want.

This intesting. What does boxed exactly say then? The way I am reading this then that under abilities and spells that are boxed (like trolls), would be removed from play before their tough check triggers, thus preventing the tough check to begin with. Let me know please.

tsochung
08-22-2011, 07:23 AM
This intesting. What does boxed exactly say then? The way I am reading this then that under abilities and spells that are boxed (like trolls), would be removed from play before their tough check triggers, thus preventing the tough check to begin with. Let me know please.

tough check trigger when model is disabled (page 34)

Shawn
08-22-2011, 07:38 AM
tough check trigger when model is disabled (page 34)
Thanks tso

tsochung
08-22-2011, 07:42 AM
also read page 66 Disabled and Destroyed section for learning how disabled boxed destroyed work

Shawn
08-22-2011, 08:09 AM
also read page 66 Disabled and Destroyed section for learning how disabled boxed destroyed work
Ok, Thanks all.