PDA

View Full Version : Aiming Bonus

bilstein
08-31-2011, 07:16 PM
With Mohsar can I forfeit my movement to gain the aiming bonus and cast sands of fate? If so, do I still have the aiming bonus?

ThatRickGuy
08-31-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm pretty sure you could sac your movement for aiming, shoot, then cast Sands of Fate. I'm not sure if you could SoF then sac movement though. I think you can, as SoF doesn't say you forfeit your movement, just that you "cannot advance" after being placed.

-Rick

Uratoh
08-31-2011, 07:41 PM
When you aim, you forefit your normal movement. You aren't magically rooted to the ground, so if you have some other means of moving, go for it. Tons of sniper models have Swift Hunter, so they aim, shoot, then move 2" if they kill something.

juckto
08-31-2011, 07:57 PM
So the real question is, if you are under an effect which means you "cannot advance", can you still choose to forfeit your movement?

Damoel
08-31-2011, 07:59 PM
There is a rule that says you can't sac movement if an effect prevents you from advancing, so you must sacrifice it first.

Ruan
08-31-2011, 08:41 PM
From my Circle FAQ over in the Circle forums...

Can Mohsar forfeit his movement to aim, then Sands of Fate?

Yes. He forfeits his movement to aim, getting +2 to hit with Dust Howler, then Sands of Fate - you may then spray (with +2 from aiming), Crevasse, and Sands of Fate away.

---

A bit further explanation...

You cannot, however, Sands of Fate, then forfeit your movement, as Sands of Fate penalizes movement (if a model cannot advance, it cannot forfeit its' movement, as Damoel says) such that it's not there to forfeit anymore. If you aim first, then there's nothing to penalize.

Similarly, you can't be teleported by Shifting Stones, activate, and aim, as your movement's been forfeited as a penalty for being teleported.

juckto
09-01-2011, 01:13 AM
He forfeits his movement to aim, getting +2 to hit with Dust Howler, then Sands of Fate - you may then spray (with +2 from aiming)
Are you saying you retain the aiming bonus even after Sands-Of-Fating?

The Captain
09-01-2011, 02:57 AM
Are you saying you retain the aiming bonus even after Sands-Of-Fating?
Yes. He has forfeited his movement to get the aiming bonus, so he gets the aiming bonus even if he is later moved/placed/whatever during the turn.