PDA

View Full Version : Goad + rush = 4"?

lurkernot1
09-03-2011, 08:21 PM
So that's it really; goad gives a beast an advance of up to 2" after destroying a model. If the beast were under the effects of rush (+2" of movement) would you then get 4" of goad?

Sounds like a phone call that says I just won the lottery:)

Thx in advance

rydiafan
09-03-2011, 08:22 PM
No. Goad specifically says 2". Modifiers to SPD or movement do not change that.

lurkernot1
09-03-2011, 08:26 PM
So the wording "...can force a warbeast to advance up to 2"." Isn't a reference to an advance as per the movement type?

tsochung
09-03-2011, 08:28 PM
page 46 ,modifiers to movement only apply to normal movement , goad isn't one

lurkernot1
09-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Modifiers to movement only apply to normal movement , goad isn't one
Is there a rules reference for that? As I said there seems to be an indication that this is an advance.

tsochung
09-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Is there a rules reference for that? As I said there seems to be an indication that this is an advance.
yes , take some patience and give the Movement section in your rule book a read

lurkernot1
09-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Sorry, completely missed the p.46 reference( no emoticon for blushes)

lurkernot1
09-03-2011, 08:54 PM
The term normal movement refers to the movement a model makes during the movement portion of its activation.
Advancing refers to any movement a model intentionally makes,...

So the +2 movement in rush then is a reference normal movement only and is not applicable to advancing? I'm actually now having a hard time articulating my thoughts so will aim for my bed and try again in the AM.

Thanks for your patience,

nite nite

tsochung
09-03-2011, 09:20 PM
So the +2 movement in rush then is a reference normal movement only and is not applicable to advancing? I'm actually now having a hard time articulating my thoughts so will aim for my bed and try again in the AM.

Thanks for your patience,

nite nite

it can apply to advancing , but not all advancing.
it only apply to the advancing a model make during the movement portion of its activation , every other advaning that make outside the movement portion is not applicable
and the goad advancing is make outside movement portion

lurkernot1
09-04-2011, 08:37 AM
To answer my own question with the rule quote I was too lazy to find before:

Tactical Tips

Rush- Modifiers to movement apply only to a models normal movement.

This is actually what I was looking for in this case p. 57 of Forces of Hordes: Trollbloods.
Thanks for your patience.

tsochung
09-04-2011, 04:37 PM
To answer my own question with the rule quote I was too lazy to find before:

This is actually what I was looking for in this case p. 57 of Forces of Hordes: Trollbloods.
Thanks for your patience.

well you can also find the same sentence in the movement section on primal page 46

quindraco
09-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Sorry, completely missed the p.46 reference( no emoticon for blushes)

>.<

10 chars.

lurkernot1
09-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Right you are Tsochung! p. 46 (of primal in case it's different in prime) 4th paragraph under movement. Thanks again:)