PDA

View Full Version : T-Head's Energy Pulse

Rifta
09-08-2011, 07:25 AM
I know this probably could have been posted in the rules forum, but I decided to post here instead just to see other Cygnar's experience with this.

With Thunderhead, can you use Energy Pulse while in melee cause it's a special attack? Or do you have to be not in melee cause it's used by a ranged weapon? Also, can it be used multiple times due to Lightning Coil's RoF?

Thanks guys!

Dark Fledgling
09-08-2011, 07:28 AM
No you cant pulse in melee.
also.
No you cant pulse multiple times in one turn.

In short, if either of those answers where different, then that thing would be SUPER OP :)

-DF

Blugger
09-08-2011, 07:31 AM
No you cant pulse in melee.
also.
No you cant pulse multiple times in one turn.

In short, if either of those answers where different, then that thing would be SUPER OP :)

-DF

If he could pulse in melee he'd be fairly priced (maybe)

I love the thunderhead (it's so bad), but it really can't hold a candle to character jacks on the level of DJ and the avatar

Dark Fledgling
09-08-2011, 07:48 AM
If he could pulse in melee he'd be fairly priced (maybe)

I love the thunderhead (it's so bad), but it really can't hold a candle to character jacks on the level of DJ and the avatar

Pah, my personal experiences have shown that the Thunderhead is the best jack in the game :)
The notches that boy has on his belt from caster kills is more then eStryker or Siege could dream of getting...

eCaine would beat him, but i dont play him much :)

-DF

p.s. Im exaggerating, I know hes over priced, and far from the best jack in the game. He does still have that many caster kills :)

nolasuperman
09-08-2011, 08:32 AM
That's why a lot of people bring Strangeways along with the Thead. Arlan can give him evasive action so he can then step out of melee to use his pulse.

Hjelmen0
09-08-2011, 08:34 AM
But the cost, balance and tactics of the model is hardly relevant in a rules forum discussion.

Since Energy Pulse is a ranged attack, it cannot be used while the Thunderhead is in melee.
Since Energy Pulse is a special attack, it can only be performed once per combat action.

Blugger
09-08-2011, 08:36 AM
I do too
Now the t-head is up to 14 points o.O

Also freestrike immunity won't help if you're hemmed in, since the damn thing isn't incorporeal (wouldn't that be cool? T-head turns into lightning!)

Like I said, I still love the guy. Easily one of the coolest/oddest/most epic models in the game, and there's nothing quite like running him with Kraye full tilting up a 20" run, watching my opponent's jaw drop, then reminding him I cant pulse under full tilt, then watching relief wash over him, then killing something important when he completely underestimates the jack's capabilities.

Mostly, though, I just use him with eNemo

but yeah, rule question answered so I'll just shuffle off here