PDA

View Full Version : Homicidal Maniac and Beserk

Eagle dan 4
09-13-2011, 07:43 AM
I had another question about epic butcher, having played him yesterday. again concerning the homicidal maniac rule.

The bit i was looking at was this. "After resolving a normal melee attack in which this model destroyed one or more enemy models and there are no enemy models remaining whithin this model's melee range, it can advance up to 1"

a few questions.

1) Is a beserk attack a "normal" melee attack

secondly, the rule for beserk says: when this model destroys one or more models with a melee attack during its combat action, immediately after the attack is resolved it must make one additional attack against another model in its melee range.

Right so here is what i was wondering. If butcher kills 3 models in his melee range, and no other model is left, (so he gets to move) Does he get a free beserk attack against models that are now in his melee range, because to me it says "immediately" and when no one is in melee range the beserk stops correct? Homicidal maniac lets you move once there are no models in melee range.

So my main question is, if butcher kills all models in melee, then moves 1" does he get a free beserk attack, so it continues the chain, or would he have to force for another normal attack.

thanks in advance to any who could shed some light on this one.

Invaderzahn
09-13-2011, 08:42 AM
1) Yes an attack granted by berserk is a normal attack.

2) eButcher gets to make another attack because of berserk after the movement.

Technically I think you get to choose the order in which to resolve the effects of berserk and homicidal maniac but I'm not 100% on that.

Eagle dan 4
09-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Well the way i read it, the beserk rule said "immediately" and homicidal maniac does not specify, so using the powers of the english language XD i would of said that you do it that way round. But i really don't know, i've looked through the book and there is little relevant information.

Im not sure if this is relevant but i found this under simultaneous and sequential p.244 (Prime): When an effect causes multiple attacks or damage against multiple models, the attacks and damage can be either simultaneous or sequential, These labels denote whether various effects can resolve before all the attacks or damage are resolved or if the effects intercede, possibly changing the outcome of the original effect. When resolving sumltaneous effects, completely resolve all attak and damage rolls before applying any of the target's special rules triggered by suffering damage,being destroyed,or being removed from play

NmoLvr
09-13-2011, 08:49 AM
A berserk attack is a normal attack because the definition of normal attack is:

A normal attack is an attack with a weapon that is not a special attack.

No emphasis of mine there, chris.

Edit: Removed the last part because I'm not sure it was correct.

Macallan
09-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Movement from Homicidal Maniac then Berserk. There is no choice per page 244 12b and 12d.

x3tsniper
09-13-2011, 10:34 AM
I want to make a baby with you Macallan. I will get custody so there is always someone to answer rules for us at the shop.