PDA

View Full Version : Knocked over and Stationary and a few other questions

greedo
10-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Came up in a game tonight. A model is knocked over by tempest. Tempest is an AOE weapon.
Do ALL models in the blast get knocked over, or is it only the model directly hit? We assumed ALL Models friendly and enemy are knocked over.

After the model was knocked over, the warcaster popped her Feat that made everyone stationary for a round. Are knocked over models also affected by being stationary? Although the feat said stationary for one round, normally stationary is simply frozen in place right? So the only way out of stationary is to use focus to shake it? My guess is you can only be affected by "freeze" effect at a time, but wanted to check.

A repulser shield knocked an enemy model out of melee range of another friendly model. Does the friendly model get a free strike? Does this only count if the enemy model moves OF ITS OWN ACCORD instead of being forced back?

thanks,
Chris

tsochung
10-19-2011, 12:44 AM
1. every models under tempest AOE template are knocked down , tempest knock down trigger on hit , every models under the template is hit.
2. knock down and stationary are two different effect , models can be affected by both knock down and stationary effect at the same time, and neither of them cause "freeze" effect.
3. free strike only happen when model advance out of enemy models melee range, other kind of movement do not trigger free strike.

NmoLvr
10-19-2011, 02:50 AM
Although the feat said stationary for one round, normally stationary is simply frozen in place right? So the only way out of stationary is to use focus to shake it? My guess is you can only be affected by "freeze" effect at a time, but wanted to check.

If you want the stationary to end sooner than it would on its own, then yes you can shake it. If you do not shake it, it will last one round as the feat says and then expire on its own. If you are both knocked down and stationary, you would have to shake for 2 focus to get rid of them both and be able to use your model normally.

greedo
10-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Does stationary always last only 1 round? If it lasts multiple rounds, I know that Jacks and Casters can shake with a focus, but what about regular troopers?

Thanks again for the answers. Really clears things up!

marxlives
10-19-2011, 10:20 AM
If a warjack has both knock down and stationary then do they have to spend two focus to shake both effects?

Valander
10-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Does stationary always last only 1 round? If it lasts multiple rounds, I know that Jacks and Casters can shake with a focus, but what about regular troopers?

Thanks again for the answers. Really clears things up!Usually Stationary only lasts one round, but there are cases where it doesn't (such as jacks knocked down in water or otherwise with extinguished furnaces). Whichever ability caused the Stationary effect should say how long it lasts.

Troopers do not have the capability to use the Shake Effects rule, as they have neither Fury nor Focus to spend to do so.

Valander
10-19-2011, 10:24 AM
If a warjack has both knock down and stationary then do they have to spend two focus to shake both effects?Yes, it does.

greedo
10-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Usually Stationary only lasts one round, but there are cases where it doesn't (such as jacks knocked down in water or otherwise with extinguished furnaces). Whichever ability caused the Stationary effect should say how long it lasts.

Troopers do not have the capability to use the Shake Effects rule, as they have neither Fury nor Focus to spend to do so.

Ok, I was worried about stationary that lasts forever which would completely incapacitate a trooper for the game, but I suppose stationary doesn't actually work.