PDA

View Full Version : Assault

Makowolf
01-28-2010, 07:17 PM
HI all,

If I assault and move less then 3" do I still get the ranged attack? I understand that there isn't a charge attack and the rules says "...before the charge attack..." so I suppose what I'm asking is - if there is going to be no charge attack do you still the ranged?

Thanks, MW

rydiafan
01-28-2010, 08:20 PM
If you move less than 3" you still get a charge attack, it just isn't boosted.

vintersbastard
01-29-2010, 07:10 AM
If you move less than 3" you still get a charge attack, it just isn't boosted.

Which makes it a non-charge attack. Remember, there are effects that refer to charge attacks specifically, and they will not activate if you moved less than 3".

brotherscott
01-29-2010, 07:42 AM
"Assault - As part of a charge, after moving but before making its charge attack, this model can make one ranged attack targeting the model charged unless they were in melee with each other at the start of this modelʼs activation. When resolving an Assault ranged attack, the attacking model does not suffer the target in melee penalty. If the target is not in melee range after moving, this model can make the Assault ranged attack before its activation ends."

And from page 47 of Prime MK II under Charging- "If a charging model moved less than 3 ˝, its first attack is not a charge attack because the model did not move far or fast enough to add sufficient momentum to its strike. Its first attack must still be made against the charge target, however. The charging model completes its combat action normally."

Makowolf
01-29-2010, 05:56 PM
So if there is not going to be a charge attack, you don't get a range attack as part of Assault?