PDA

View Full Version : Do AOE-CRAs deviate?

neznein9
11-09-2011, 12:17 PM
If a unit of Deliverers makes a CRA and none of them are in range - does the attack still happen and deviate or does it count as zero troops participating so there is no aoe and no deviation?

Specifically on Deliverers - if everyone attempts to join a CRA but none of them are in range - would a deviated aoe be at max size?

KnightoNi1894
11-09-2011, 12:21 PM
In a word, yes. Why wouldn't it? Unless there's something saying nothing happens when the attack misses, you follow all the normal rules, including deviation on the aoe.

Knight

Macallan
11-09-2011, 12:21 PM
0 participant. It's what the rules for combined ranged attacks say.

drachenfels
11-09-2011, 12:27 PM
only models in range of the target can participate in the combined ranged attack, attempt was made, none in range, original attack goes off with no others participating in the attack and it scatters as normal, and with deliverers at its smallest weakest size.

Macallan
11-09-2011, 01:25 PM
I read the rules too quick, thinking that the presence of the AOE was dependant on the number of participating models.
The attack is always an AOE.
If everybody is out of range you get a 0 participant attack but still a "basic" 3" AOE.

Nazdrek
11-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Also if the attack misses and deviates the POW of the weapon is halved. If the participants are still in range then you add the CRA bonus.

Valander
11-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Also if the attack misses and deviates the POW of the weapon is halved. If the participants are still in range then you add the CRA bonus.You do not add the damage bonus, regardless:

Instead of making ranged attacks separately, two or more models in this unit can make a combined ranged attack. Do not add a damage bonus for the number of models participating in the combined ranged attack. If 3–5 models participate in the attack, it has base AOE 4˝ and base POW 14. If 6 or more models participate in the attack, it has base AOE 5˝ and base POW 16.

Nazdrek
11-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Doh, I did not know that about the Deliverers, I was more so referring to the Cleansers.