PDA

View Full Version : Black spot and impact attacks question

rocksalt
11-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Say a cav model charges a unit debuffed with Black Spot. The cav model contacts 3 models in the unit that the cav model is eligible to make impact attacks against. The cav model destroys all three models with impact attacks.

1) How many Black Spot generated attacks does the cav model get?
2) Can the cav model make these attacks with any weapon or just the mount?

Thanks.

Valander
11-10-2011, 12:42 PM
1. Only a single attack is generated (Black Spot reads "one or more").
2. It would not be able to use the mount weapon unless it can normally use that outside of making impact attacks, per p. 81: "Normally a model can use its Mount only to make impact attacks." Note also that the model would only be able to use melee attacks (without special rules allowing otherwise, of course).

Blythy
11-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey Mate

Black Spot effects only friendly faction models so i am going to asume you are talking about Soul Hunters. Soul Hunters are light cav and im pritty sure cant make impact attacks.

Valander
11-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Hey Mate

Black Spot effects only friendly faction models so i am going to asume you are talking about Soul Hunters. Soul Hunters are light cav and im pritty sure cant make impact attacks.Indeed, Light Cavalry does not make impact attacks.

Zugov
11-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Given the sig, I'd guess it's more to do with Ferox and eHexeris.

Ranhothep
11-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Even in Cryx, one could play Steelhead Cavalry.

Valander
11-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Even in Cryx, one could play Steelhead Cavalry.Those are not "Faction" models, however. Starting to get off-topic, so locking. OP: if you have unanswered questions on this subject, feel free to start a new thread.

Valander
09-01-2012, 03:28 PM
A clarification to my answer above:

You can only make additional attacks after your initial attacks during your combat action. So in addition to not being able to make additional impact attacks for the reasons above, you in fact will not get any additional attacks during a cavalry charge from Black Spot, since you can only make additional attacks in your combat action.