PDA

View Full Version : 2 hand throwing over a knocked down model

kerensky
11-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Quick question. When you 2 hand throw a medium base model if it contacts another medium base on the way it stops moving. That's clear.
But, what if the model is knocked over? Would that allow the thrown model to ignore it on its way to its proper Target?

Came up in a game, I ruled it still counted but I want to open it up here.

vintersbastard
11-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Being knocked down changes nothing as far as throw movement is concerned.

pridefall
11-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Remember, you're not throwing it UP and OVER things, you're CHUCKING it in a direction somewhere in your forward arc. Just imagine that the jack/beast is shoving the model so hard that it flies off its feet and it makes sense.

kerensky
11-12-2011, 03:11 AM
Which is what I thought and ruled. But the player asked me to rule check and I forfilling my obligations.

thumpernickle
11-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Knocked down does not have a rule exception for being thrown at or over nor does it change the fact that the knocked down model is still a model with a specific base size on the table. A thrown model will stop when it contacts another model with an equal or larger base size regardless of if it is currently under the knock down effect.

pariah3j
11-12-2011, 07:36 AM
I would think a Knocked down model doesn't count as the model you contact and would keep going.

Knocked down - page 63 in Primal "...model does not block LOS and is never an intervening model."

tutenkharnage
11-12-2011, 07:59 AM
"Intervening model" applies only to line of sight. The rules for throw power attacks and double-handed throw power attacks do not refer to "intervening models"; they refer only to models of various base sizes. Being knocked down does not affect the rules for either power attack.

Valander
11-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Being knocked down changes nothing as far as throw movement is concerned.This covers it.