PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Damage for Fury

Talamare
11-17-2011, 02:01 AM
I know Warcasters can take damage to gain Fury but can they do this infinitely at any time?

To explain better

In my game today, the enemy Warlock got close to my Warcaster then used all the fury on damage spells, then damage herself back to full fury, then more damage spells, then more fury, then more damage spells, etc

as tough as my guy is, getting hit with like 7 damage spells still brought him down

Hjelmen0
11-17-2011, 02:03 AM
A warlock can only take damage to gain fury during the maintenance (or control, I always get those two confused) phase right after leaching. It cannot happen at any time. In addition the warlock cannot gain fury in excess of it's FURY stat by doing this.

solkan
11-17-2011, 02:47 AM
It's the Control Phase (page 76, Primal), and it's called 'leaching' when the warlock causes damage to itself to gain fury, or to transfer fury from warbeasts to the warlock. As Hjelmen0 writes, a player doesn't normally get to keep self-inflicting wounds on itself during its activation to generate more fury.

Disclaimer: There character-specific warlock abilities to generate extra fury later during the player's turn, and those might involve additional wounds.

Talamare
11-17-2011, 02:50 AM
A warlock can only take damage to gain fury during the maintenance (or control, I always get those two confused) phase right after leaching. It cannot happen at any time. In addition the warlock cannot gain fury in excess of it's FURY stat by doing this.

It's the Control Phase (page 76, Primal), and it's called 'leaching' when the warlock causes damage to itself to gain fury, or to transfer fury from warbeasts to the warlock. As Hjelmen0 writes, a player doesn't normally get to keep self-inflicting wounds on itself during its activation to generate more fury.

Disclaimer: There character-specific warlock abilities to generate extra fury later during the player's turn, and those might involve additional wounds.

We are both rather new to the game, so while yes he cheated (LIKE CRAZY! <3), he clearly didnt know the rules well enough so I dont blame him

Thanks guys