PDA

View Full Version : knockdown and Run

HiLo
11-24-2011, 03:08 AM
After being knocked down can a warrior model stand and run the next turn?

I see it as you have two actions a turn, in order to run you use both your actions as movement. Having been knocked down one action is used to stand leaving you with the ability to advance normally or attack.

Thanks.

nachtnebel
11-24-2011, 03:18 AM
No, standing up costs the model an action so it can't use both of its actions to run. And if the model is part of a unit that received the run order it can't move or perform a combat action after standing up.

vintersbastard
11-24-2011, 03:48 AM
I see it as you have two actions a turn, in order to run you use both your actions as movement.It's better if you didn't, because "action" is a defined game term. Simply remember that a model has a movement part and an action part of activation, both of which can be forfeited.

Having been knocked down one [part of activation] is used to stand leaving you with the ability to advance normally or attack. In general, yes. Troopers (members of a unit) need an order to run, though, and if they receive that order, they are required to run, so it doesn't work that way for them.

And if the model is part of a unit that received the run order it can't move or perform a combat action after standing up.A model that is required to run but can't due to having no action available will make a full advance and end its activation immediatly instead of running.

Nazdrek
11-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Not to make this more complicated but if you are able to have the unit/model stand up prior to its actiavtion then the models can act as normal. I am referring to things like reveille or the Wrastlers animi.

BrickandMurder
11-24-2011, 09:50 PM
After being knocked down can a warrior model stand and run the next turn?

I see it as you have two actions a turn, in order to run you use both your actions as movement. Having been knocked down one action is used to stand leaving you with the ability to advance normally or attack.

Thanks.

pp. 64 Prime "A model that forfeits its action to stand can use its normal movement to make a full advance but not to rumor charge."

In short answer a model cannot run upon standing. If the model is caused to stand up prior to activation it immediately ceases to be knocked down and will activate normally.