PDA

View Full Version : fury threshold failures and incorporeal model in melee...

gunslinger311
11-24-2011, 06:22 AM
So a question came up in a recent game, a beast failed its threshold check and was forced to attack an enemy in melee range. There were two models in base to base contact but one of them was an incorporeal model. The beast had no magic weapons and so could not attack the incorporeal model.

The owner of the beast wanted the target to be determined randomly so that the attack might fail. The rest of us argued the beast would obviously attack the only model it could. We ended up ruling that the beast attacked the one model it could no random check. Were we right?

-Gunslinger

Hjelmen0
11-24-2011, 06:27 AM
No, you were not. The warbeast can still attack the Incorporeal model, it just cannot damage it unless it has a magical weapon. So, since there are multiple eligible targets in melee range, you would choose one at random as the target of the frenzying model.

tuttleboy
11-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Incorporeal doesn't prevent attacks made with a non-magical weapon. You just can't damage an incorporeal model with a non-magical weapon.

Anurien
11-24-2011, 11:50 AM
As already stated the Frenzy rules have a list of conditions. The 1st condistion met is used and if 2 models are equally eligeble then you randomly decide which is attacked.

With out a Hordes rule book I looked it up from the Hordes Quick Reference Sheets in the Downloads section (which I cant find now but had saved...). Also I was suprised that the list of conditions is not listed in the QSR here:- http://privateerpress.com/files/Hordes%20MkII%20DemoRules-WEB.pdf

Kalandros
11-24-2011, 01:02 PM
The beast is in a Frenzy, it doesn't know better.