PDA

View Full Version : Virtuoso & Gunfighter???

K_Joe_K
11-25-2011, 03:10 PM
I did a search and my question was not answered so I'll ask outright.

In a game this week, I had Torch (Khador Cha. 'jack) charge a member of a Tharn Ravager unit (Circle reach heavy infantry). Torch killed the target of the charge and was facing down the line of the unit at three more troopers. My opponent said that I could not make my Flamethrower spray attack because (for Gunfighter) I was no longer engaging with a target, and (for Virtuoso) was still engaged by a member of the same unit of Tharn with reach.

To clarify: After killing on a successful charge attack, can my Gunfighter/Virtuoso model make an initial spray attack?

A few details or errata or rules quotes could help me understand this, please! THANKS in advance...

Draekon Darkstorm
11-25-2011, 03:17 PM
You still get to make your initial spray attack.

Draekon

eliassmith27
11-25-2011, 03:46 PM
As for gun fighter, your melee range is .5" and can make ranged attacks targeting models in your melee range.
As for virtuoso, you can make both ranged and melee attacks.

Neither of those rules allow you to get around the "no ranged attacks while engaged" rule unless you are also engaging the target with the ranged weapon. (That means if you are more then .5" from the Ravager, he is not a legal target. you are limited to targeting a model you are engaging.)

In short, your opponent was exactly right.

nachtnebel
11-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Virtuoso allows you to make your initial ranged and melee attacks during the same activation.
Gunfighter allows you to use your ranged weapons against targets within 0.5".

So, if you are in melee, you can only make your ranged attack if the target is within 0.5".

ShockwaveIIC
11-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Just backing up posts 3 and 4. Your opponent was right.

If you also had Reach (Typhon under Playing God) then you would be find. This is because Gunfighter gives you a melee range .5" if you do not have a melee range if you do, you use the melee range you already have.

K_Joe_K
11-25-2011, 07:56 PM
@eliassmith27, nachtnebel, & ShockwaveIIC, Thank you for your fact filled and timely responses. I let the game progress, but wanted clarification. Thank you all.