PDA

View Full Version : Satyx Raiders combined melee + charge

raekwon2112
11-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Valander rules "In order to do a CMA charge-boosted attack, each model in the CMA "uses up" their charge attack. Which means that if they have two weapons, you can't get the charge bonus on the second attack if you lead the CMA with someone else. "

from this thread- https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?84296-Satyx-Raiders-combined-melee-charge-multiple-attacks-interaction

Which I understand for charge attacks. But my real question is
Can I perform a non-CMA charge attack with the first weapon on the first model, then perform a CMA non-charge attack using the second weapon from all available models in the unit, then perform the charge attacks for the remaining models with their remaining weapon?

Example:
4 Satyx raiders(abrev SR) charge target A
1st SR uses her whip for the charge P+S 9 +3d6 damage, then combines her horns with 2,3and 4th SR for a P+S 12 + 2d6 damage
2nd(3rd and 4th) SR uses her whip for charge P+S 9 +3d6, their horns have already been used as a non-charge attack.

In other words does the first attack a model makes in this situation have to be a charge attack? or because they have 2 attacks both with CMA and CMA breaks attack/model order of operations can I choose to use their non-charge attack for all models in the CMA, leaving them with their charge attack available for the second weapon?

Thank you

vintersbastard
11-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Here ya go:
Just to be perfectly clear: you cannot choose to contribute a non-charge attack if you have not yet used any attacks with that model, whether on their own or contributed to a CMA.

raekwon2112
11-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Ahh thanks where did you find that?
That really makes the satyx worse than i wanted them to be. oh well, i thought it might work that way.