PDA

View Full Version : simultaneous and transfers

ThatRickGuy
11-27-2011, 02:27 PM
If a warlock is hit by simultaneous attacks (such as backswing) can they transfer each of the simultaneous damages individually, or must the transfer it as 1 lump sum?

-Rick

NagashTheBlack
11-27-2011, 02:31 PM
EDIT: Scroll down to vintersbastard's post for the correct response.

Draxos
11-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Still two separate attacks. So you would have to transfer twice to do it.

He is correct

ShockwaveIIC
11-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Continuing the question.

Both the Warlock and the Transfer target are caught in the same blast. Am I right in thinking that the transfer happens after the damage has been applied to the beast in question, thus a higher chance of damage flow back?

Kalandros
11-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Indeed, all damage happens simultaneously, THEN you transfer.

NagashTheBlack
11-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Hrm... reading the timing chart again that is a bit less clear. It seems like ALL damage from the attacks would be applied at the same time, so the transfer and the regular hit would be done together...

Transfer entry says "When the model would suffer damage, which reads to me as "before you start marking anything". I'm tempted to say that the warbeast would need to be able to take all the damage from both attacks.

Only thing I could think of that would settle it would be active player trumps defensive player in that the transfer is defensive so it would be done "after" the damge from the regular attack.

vintersbastard
11-27-2011, 05:08 PM
This thread (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?77936-Backswing&highlight=transfer+backswing) was closed with the conclusion that Backswing against the same model causes only one transfer, not two.

NagashTheBlack
11-27-2011, 05:35 PM
vintersbastard

This thread was closed with the conclusion that Backswing against the same model causes only one transfer, not two.

Hrrm. Yeah. After reading that you are indeed correct. All the damage would be applied at the same time for the two attacks, so it is still one lump sum. 1 fury it is.

ThatRickGuy
11-28-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm getting an opposite stance from my local meta guys (at least one PG as well) any chance we can get a more definative answer than a closed thread with out an Infernal ruling?

-Rick

petegrrrr
11-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Backswings are simultaneous attacks. Simultaneous damage is ALWAYS resolved at the same time (like damage from an AOE for example).

Also, a locked thread with a clear answer as the final meaningful post is considered an infernal answer. But maybe an infernal will have time to pop by and give you a short "that thread is correct" or something.

Valander
11-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Backswings are simultaneous attacks. Simultaneous damage is ALWAYS resolved at the same time (like damage from an AOE for example).

Also, a locked thread with a clear answer as the final meaningful post is considered an infernal answer. But maybe an infernal will have time to pop by and give you a short "that thread is correct" or something.
That thread, and references to it here, are correct.

;)

ThatRickGuy
11-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Awesome! Thanks a ton!

-Rick