PDA

View Full Version : game tonight - just to make sure i have this straight

hulksmash1964
12-01-2011, 02:26 PM
when i cast earthquake with stryker, i only have to make a magic attack roll against the model that the template is centered on. if the roll against the target's DEF is successful, the target model AND any other models whose bases are under the template/touched by the template are knocked down.

correct or incorrect?

omerplata
12-01-2011, 02:36 PM
correct, and it also can deviate if you miss. So be careful you don't deviate on to your own guys.

hulksmash1964
12-01-2011, 02:58 PM
thanks. there was some question last game as to whether i had to roll against the DEF individually of every model under the template, make one roll and compare it individually to the DEF of every model under the template, or just make the one roll against the primary target. wanna make sure we have it straight before we get too far into it tonight.

omerplata
12-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Making the one roll for every model is how the tremor attack of the ironclad works. Earthquake states that models hit by the aoe are knocked down. The Aoe is centered on the target of the spell.

sleet01
12-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Quick note: with AOE attacks, "models hit" are anyone directly hit (during the attack roll) or caught in the AOE (either on a direct hit or a miss-and-deviate). For a model to be knocked down by Earthquake it only needs to be within the AOE, and not even "fully within" - just a sliver of its base in the template means a model is affected. You are not required to directly hit the initial target to get the KD effect (unlike the Avenger's Earthquake Gun).

Xnath
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
The tremor attack for ironclad and Ol'Rowdy works as such:

You make ONE attack roll, compare that to every model with in 2 inches. Each model's DEF that this one roll equals or exceeds is knocked down. You can boost this one attack roll. Since it is a attack action, it takes both your initial attacks (fist and hammer), so to make more attacks you have to spend focus.

A power you have to roll to hit for each model under the AOE is Siege's ground pounder.

John of Arc
12-02-2011, 10:57 PM
So yes, remember, Earthquake only requires a single attack roll against the primary target. If you hit, it is centered on your target. If you miss, it deviates. Whether you hit or miss, ALL models with even a tiny sliver of their base beneath the template are knocked down.

leo_neil316
12-03-2011, 06:15 AM
This is the basis for pStryker's 'autoknockdown' earthquakes. Get your lancer within 5" of your valid target and as long as they can be knocked down and don't have whiplash, they get knocked down.

Valander
12-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Please keep tactics discussions to the faction forums. Earthquake and Tremor work differently, as pointed out above.