PDA

View Full Version : Measuring rules for-

talquizar
12-02-2011, 04:09 PM
So what are the mesuring rules for things like
counter charge
abomination
things that trigger off entering command (counter blast)
and other such things that trigger from a distance greater then melee and less then control?

NagashTheBlack
12-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I believe the idea is, once the player commits to the move you check to see if the model is reasonably close. So trying to say you need to measure a counter charge on turn 1 would be a ....wrong thing to do.

talquizar
12-02-2011, 04:39 PM
I have been doing that so far. If I think I have it within range I check.

solkan
12-02-2011, 05:04 PM
So what are the mesuring rules for things like
counter charge
abomination
things that trigger off entering command (counter blast)
and other such things that trigger from a distance greater then melee and less then control?

You measure as necessary for the rules to determine whether they apply, unless the rules grant permission to measure otherwise. If two reasonable people decide to skip performing a detailed measurement of a distance for a rule, that's a matter for the two reasonable people involved.

Just keep in mind that "as necessary" is not anything at all like "when one or the other player wants to find out". If the rules give you a condition and a distance, both players are obligated to determine whether the rule applies. But that permission is still only to measure as necessary. So if the condition is "at the start of model Y's activation" then you don't measure for that rule unless it's the start of Y's activation.

Otherwise, see page 30 for the limitations on how to measure for a rule with a distance of X" inches.

tuttleboy
12-02-2011, 07:40 PM
You also don't measure beyond the "trigger"distance, such as the 6"for counter charge, or past the triggering model by extension.

talquizar
12-02-2011, 08:54 PM
two people saying as necessary is enough I already know not to go past things. Thanks everyone big thing I don't need to worry about.