PDA

View Full Version : Satyxis raider cma charge.

Blue Claw
12-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Just to make sure I understand this correctly, this is what a 2 model cma charge would look like?

2 models declare charge and cma, are these combinations possible?

Group 1:
1- Mat 8/P+S 11/3 Dice - Leading model lacerator attack (cma from 2nd model horns) with charge bonus
2- Mat 8/P+S 11/2 Dice - Second model lacerator attack (cma from 1st model horns)

Group 2:
1- Mat 8/P+S 11/3 Dice - Leading model lacerator attack (cma from 2nd model horns) with charge bonus
2- Mat 6/P+S 8/2 Dice - Leading model horns attack
3- Mat 6/P+S 9/2 Dice - Second model lacerator attack

Do weapon procs happen from the attack used to focus the CMA? So would attack 1 from group 1 cause feedback but not have crit knockdown?

solkan
12-05-2011, 03:46 PM
In order for a CMA attack to qualify for the charge bonus, all contributed attacks must be charge attacks. In your example, model one in each group would get the charge bonus because the first attack of each model (whether it's making the attack or contributing the attack) is that model's charge attack.

There's a pending clarification on if you did:
Group 3:
1 - Model A charge attack.
2 - Model B charge attack.
3 - A & B CMA their remaining attacks, who gets to lead?

Also, only the primary attack is actually performing an attack, so only the rules of the primary attacker's weapon apply. So it doesn't matter whether other models in group one contribute their horns or their lacerator. If the primary attacker uses her lacerator, you use the lacterator rules. If the primary attacker uses her horns, you use the horns.

Edit: Corrected first paragraph of my reply. I read your scenario wrong.

The CMA related threads for the recent discussions:
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?84296-Satyx-Raiders-combined-melee-charge-multiple-attacks-interaction
and
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?85942-Timing-for-CMA-s-when-charging

The last word from Valander at the time was "I believe that is legal, but I want to double check a couple of key points." :)

Blue Claw
12-05-2011, 04:10 PM
I have read them both extensively but am checking to make sure I understand what is available. I fully understand that only the single attack is a charge attack as is laid out in the scenarios I presented. :D

Mod_Redphantasm
12-05-2011, 04:16 PM
A CMA would only apply critical effects and weapon abilities from the weapon on the model leading the attack. Because it is a CMA, all bonuses and penalties are measured from the model leading the attack.

solkan
12-05-2011, 04:24 PM
So, just to double check your understanding, this is what I understand for your two scenarios:

Group 1:
1 - This ends up being a lacerator attack, w/ charge bonus and bonus for being a 2-model CMA.
2 - This ends up also being a lacerator attack, w/ bonus for being a 2-model CMA.

Group 2:
1 - Lacterator attack by the lead model, w/ charge bonus and bonus for being a 2-model CMA.
2 - Regular horns attack.
3 - Regular lacerator attack.

So, to actually answer the question that you originally asked, "Both of the attacks in group one would be lacerator attacks and would not have crit knockdown". The only two things you need to know about the contributed attacks are:
a) Is the contributed attack a charge attack? and b) Does the contributed attack have reach?

Otherwise, I think you'd need to have a very specially worded special rule on the contributed attack (special to the point of specifically mentioning a behavior when contributed) for the contributed attack to add effects to the attack.

Blue Claw
12-06-2011, 01:06 AM
I kind of broke a rule here and asked two question in one.

1: Are both of these options legal, and is all the math right?
2: Checking up that only the procs on the leading attack matter in a cma, which has been answered.

Sorry for the confusion :D

Kuwanger23
12-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Even though you would think the horns have crit knock down you should go back and check. for some reason they don't but the whips do. So both effects are on the lacerator. The horns are merely a .5" melee attack.

solkan
12-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Okay, your math looks right, too. :)

Blue Claw
12-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Even though you would think the horns have crit knock down you should go back and check. for some reason they don't but the whips do. So both effects are on the lacerator. The horns are merely a .5" melee attack.

Quite right, bonus :D

Thanks all.