PDA

View Full Version : Feel the Hate - rage token spending order

Hoc Est Bellum
12-06-2011, 04:08 AM
Hiya!

Quick question regarding the use of rage tokens;

Do I have to go through model by model and spend all the tokens on each model, or can I spend one of three, go to a differrent model, spend some, and then come back?

This came up in a match last night;

eButcher pops feat, and there is much death. Something like 16 tokens, but we really only need to worry about the 6 on the Kayazy Eliminators. I used one to advance and attack his warcaster with Eliminator A, missing.
I then used one to advance and attack with Eliminator B, gaining the Gang bonus. This leaves both Eliminators with two rage tokens.

I could see no problem with returning to Eliminator A to spend the last two. Nothing in the feat wording implies I can't, at least to my eyes.
My opponent, however, threw a bit of a wobbly, making up phrases like pseudo-bonus-activation. His opinion was that I had to spend all the tokens on one, then all the tokens on another, ect.

I'm fairly sure I'm right, although I conceded the point at the time to stop the argument. Can anyone shed any light on this?

KnightoNi1894
12-06-2011, 04:16 AM
I'd have to see the exact wording of the feat, but my gut says your right. Unless there's something in the feat staying you activate each model again or something along those lines.

Tell your buddy its a feat, its supposed to be strong.

Knight

Killbox
12-06-2011, 06:15 AM
Looks legit. Nothing mentioned in a tactical tip either.

Hoc Est Bellum
12-06-2011, 06:49 AM
The exact wording regarding use of rage tokens is:

'A model can spend one rage token once to make a full advance followed by one normal melee attack. Rage tokens can also be spent to make normal melee attacks or to boost melee attack or melee damage rolls at one token per attack or boost. Remove unspent rage tokens from play at the end of the turn.'

solkan
12-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Keep in mind that in the section of the feat that you didn't quote, it says that this is done after all of those models have completed their activations. Because this is being done outside of the models' activations, there's really nothing to worry about as far as ordering goes.

solkan
12-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Looking at that feat, I'm concerned that the Khador book says "... to any friendly non-warcaster Faction model" using the singular rather than the plural.

Edit: Oops, double posted when I meant to edit and append. :(

Feeple
12-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Looking at that feat, I'm concerned that the Khador book says "... to any friendly non-warcaster Faction model" using the singular rather than the plural.

Edit: Oops, double posted when I meant to edit and append. :(
That is there to indicate that tokens are placed on specific models, and not entire units.

solkan
12-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Ah, okay. I wasn't sure if it was a typo or if I was reading it wrong. Good to know.

Draxos
12-06-2011, 10:51 AM
I would play it as you finish each model at a time not you hop between models

ForestZ
12-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Personally, I don't see anything in the wording of the feat that would force you to spend all rage tokens on a model at once.

jameslsummers
12-06-2011, 11:01 AM
i agree with forestz, if you where ment to do one model at a time it would say so.

KnightoNi1894
12-07-2011, 04:50 AM
Just to clarify. Since there's no restriction in the feat stating that you can a model can only be affected by one string of rage tokens, you can use them in whatever order you want.

Think of it this way. The feat attaches rage tokens to specific models. Each rage token can be spent for the specific effect of a move/attack or boost. The tokens themselves are what is affected, not the models. You get to spend the tokens in whatever order you choose for whichever affect you decide. The model you have the token attached to has no bearing on the order. Therefore what you did its entirety correct and legal.

Knight

Macallan
12-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Do I have to go through model by model and spend all the tokens on each model, or can I spend one of three, go to a differrent model, spend some, and then come back?

It's option 2.